jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Shetoldme Scam

1. Rudra profile image57
    Rudraposted 5 years ago

Just want to point out that my shetoldme account was deleted without notice. When enquired the answer was that my traffic was of no value and my scoops on India was no good as was not earning him any money inspite of enormous traffic.
    Basically it did give me lots of traffic but it was not earning money according to James the guy who runs shetoldme. I asked this guy to remove the URLs I had created but he did not do anything and still using my hard earned research to create traffic for himself. Shetoldme is a scam by the looks of it at least if you are submitting India related links.
    I have written my experiences on a hub, please share your thoughts.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

On the letter you showed in the hub, I saw no mention of Indian links being reason for deletion. There were various reasons given, including violation of the Adsense content policies.

From a quick search of the site using the word "Rudra" I found quite a few results that were said to be by that name. However clicking those links took me to a different page and I had to visit the cache to view the original.

This means your links HAVE been deleted although Google may take a few weeks to recrawl the information and realize this.

My best advice is to take your hub down or change it to a review that doesn't include the word "scam" since your hub is currently bordering on libelous and James may be able to take legal action.

3. 0
    ryankettposted 5 years ago

Have you read the AdSense content policies and made sure that you didn't post anything unsuitable on the site?

And have you emailed James for an explanation? Because his email does say that it can be done by mistake. If so, when did you email him? Because there is only one person running that site, and he also runs Best-Reviewer, it can take him a few days to reply.

I would be interested in seeing his actual reasons rather than a generic email before commenting.

4. Rudra profile image57
    Rudraposted 5 years ago

I did ask for an explanation and he did mention it was deleted because it was India related, too much traffic and no income. As far as libel is concerned, bring it on. I am ready.
    As far as Rudra name is concerned its a name nothing more. Perhaps you are looking at something else.

5. 0
    ryankettposted 5 years ago

Judging by your Hubpages content, I can't really see much wrong with what it is that you are writing about.

With a few exceptions, I probably wouldn't want an article about the benefits to your rectum of using an Indian toilet. A couple of hubs about Xbox 360 red lights were poorly written, they look like they have been spun. I am not a fan of 'hot girl' articles, and don't welcome these on Excerptz (will be changing the TOS to state this). I wouldn't want an article about 'Sexsomniacs' or 'Hermaphrodites' either, as that is close to the line in terms of AdSense.

But, the majority of your stuff looks fine to me. Is it possible that James has noticed a few of the topics pointed out above? Because unfortunately that is the direction that many websites are taking when it comes to content now to protect AdSense accounts etc.

Of course, what he should have done is remove the content which is was unhappy with, kept the content that he was happy with, and then emailed to explain why he removed what he did.

Unless you have done something else wrong, like driven traffic through a traffic exchange program?

6. Rudra profile image57
    Rudraposted 5 years ago

Ryan, I have not used a traffic exchange programm. Sexsomniac is a disease something like insomnia. I dont really write about scams and stuff but then the site has to be exposed.