Do you think you are a lucky person?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Dovay Lee profile image39
    Dovay Leeposted 13 years ago

Do you think you are a lucky person?

1. sofs profile image77
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

NO, Not just lucky but blessed, very blessed !! smilesmilesmilesmilesmile

But this needs to be in the Hubbers' hangout!

Dovay Leeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Only blessed is enough I think. There are not so many lucky people in this world. what we should do is work  harder and harder.

1. sofs profile image77
          sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Blessed does not mean you sit and do nothing, it means that you appreciate everything that you have smile
          and that you develop your skills and your potential . Thank you

I agree with you, sofs. In fact there is no lucky person in this world. only hard work really counts

2. LorreesWorld profile image60
      LorreesWorldposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, looking at the 2 beautiful children I have, and my handsome husband, I would say so.
      But then I've had such horrible luck lately I'm not sure anymore

2. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

yes

I am happy that you say yes. I fact I am neither lucky nor unlucky. If I work hard everything will be fine.

1. pisean282311 profile image62
        pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

well five years back if you would have asked me this question i would have said well i create my luck...but being blessed by great friends , family and wonderful clients ...i feel i am very lucky...i do work hard but i am blessed to have people in my life who are motivation for me to work hard...

yes,you are really lucky for that you have so many people to care about you. I also think I am blessed with so many love

2. recommend1 profile image61
        recommend1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't agree that if you work hard everything will be fine - it also requires a direction among other things or it just enslaves you to someone or something.

On the point of hte thread - I am incredibly lucky, I got tetanus when I was a child (and there was no cure) I 'died' @32 times  and was brought back in a ground breaking new method of treating hte illness and was on eof the first to survive - made headline noews locally and all !

Then I have pretty much always been my own boss doing work I really enjoyed.

I am now getting ancient but still doing work I like - and now also in a fantastic place with the loveliest girl I could ever have dreamed of.

3. dingdondingdon profile image60
    dingdondingdonposted 13 years ago

I was born a middle-class human in a first world country in a time period where many scientific and technical advances are being made, so yes, I feel uncommonly lucky. What if I'd been born a snail?

4. andygrant profile image60
    andygrantposted 13 years ago

I feel unlucky most of the times when my plans don't work out.

5. mdlawyer profile image44
    mdlawyerposted 13 years ago

If you are optmistic, you will think you are lucky.  If pessimistic, you will think you are unlucky.

I agree indeed. sometimes in depends on your attitude

6. hewhohn profile image61
    hewhohnposted 13 years ago

Yes!Always!big_smile

7. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I was fortunate as far as "accident-of-birth" goes, so I consider myself fortunate in that way.  Other than stuff related to the parents I ended up with, anything I have I have because I've known how to get it and/or worked for it. 

Lucky?  Absolutely not.  There's nothing that involves luck (like winning drawings etc.) that I have ever won.

One of my sons has always just seemed amazingly lucky. When he was little he'd stand at those "gumball machines" that have little junk in them, and say, "I want that one."  That's the one that would come out!  Worrying that he'd be disappointed, I'd be careful to explain, "Well, you can't always know what color is going to come out.  You may not get the one you want."  -- and then, yet again, the one he wanted would come out (or else 3 of them would come out).  lol  He knows he tends to have luck in that way, so he sometimes buys lottery tickets.  He's won (nothing big, but nothing to sneeze at either) several times. 

He always tells the story about how in kindergarten they made candy apples, but he didn't get one.  (He was a shy-ish, reserved, little kid who tended to take a backseat when assertiveness was important).  He said how he felt really bad about being the one who didn't get one.  That day, he got to my mother's house (he'd take the bus to her house), and it happened that she'd made candy apples.  smile  There are a lot of ways that my son hasn't had a lot of things easy, so it isn't as if he's had a charmed life (the way, in some ways, I kind of did for a very long time); but, boy, when they were giving out luck did they ever give a bunch of it out to my son.  smile (I'd ask him to buy me a lottery ticket, but I know if it's my money that buys it - that's it.  Nothing!)  smile

8. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4856438_f248.jpg

So far so good, cannot complain.

9. camlo profile image85
    camloposted 13 years ago

I have always been very lucky. I've always had everything I need and more.

10. Seafarer Mama profile image79
    Seafarer Mamaposted 13 years ago

Yes. I believe that I am both lucky and blessed. They are both intertwined...interrelated. Whatever I have endeavored has turned out well when approached with an open heart. I feel that my life is better than I imagined it would be when I was young. Yes, I am both lucky and blessed!

11. futurenetads profile image61
    futurenetadsposted 13 years ago

I am so lucky.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)