jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Widget won't post at Myspace

1. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 8 years ago

I have just tried several times to post the widget from here into my Myspace profile but it doesn't work.

I checked I had copied it all correctly and I had so no idea what's gone wrong. Anyone else tried this and had the same problem?

2. Lazur profile image83
    Lazurposted 8 years ago

I have the same problem. Tried it several times on My Space, but it doesn't work at all.Tried it on a other site too were normally I can place widgets, but that doesnt work either.

3. Fawntia profile image
    Fawntiaposted 8 years ago

The widget will only work in places that allow JavaScript. Myspace doesn't allow JavaScript, unfortunately. Sorry!

4. Lazur profile image83
    Lazurposted 8 years ago

Then why use javascript. Isn't it possible to make codes like on youtube that you can embed almost everywere?

5. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 8 years ago

Well, that explains it then. At least it wasn't me doing anything wrong!
    Thanks for responding, Lazur and Fawntia!

6. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

You can use the widget on blogger.com.

7. profile image0
    rethansmithposted 8 years ago

Whilst I like the Java widget, I do agree that a non-Java widget would also be appreciated.  However, due to my limited knowledge of programming and scripts I cannot suggest an alternative.

8. Fawntia profile image
    Fawntiaposted 8 years ago

Lazur, I think you are right that it is possible to make a widget that would work in more places using Adobe Flash. (YouTube videos are Flash-based, for example.) I made the widget, but I don't know Flash (nor do the other Hubpages engineers, to my knowledge). Of course we could learn, but that takes time, so we did what was most convenient to start with. Maybe in the future if we decide to make it a priority, we will make a Flash widget. (But we already have lots of other projects ahead of us, so I can't say for sure if or when that will be.)

working