jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Dell Inc.

1. Peter Owen profile image60
    Peter Owenposted 5 years ago

Just want to say that Dell sucks. their hardware is fine, but if you ever have to talk to them, forget it.
    Always have to talk to India, their people don't know their own machines, the after dinner crew is on drugs, disconnected me 9 times,never call me back,
    All this for a new PC I bought last week and they deliveredd it without a wireless card.
    The whole PC is going back.
    if I ever meet Michael on the street, he's going down.

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I've heard of plenty of people on both sides. Some say no problems, some say problems. I say, I've never bought one, so don't know. lol

1. Peter Owen profile image60
      Peter Owenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

don't. this is my second time around with these jokers. Never again. Just not worth the agravaition.

1. Michael Willis profile image78
        Michael Willisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am with you!!! I have posted on here in the past with their product. UW likes hers as says shes has had no problems, but I have had nightmare after nightmare.
        Bought computer...now 3 replacements later, still having breakdowns. At least they have honored their in-home service I paid for.

lol, they could have built me all 3 brand new computers totally loaded from what they must have spent on my replacement parts and the labor from the technicians in the past year.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
          Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

But I've never had to call customer service smile

I wish I had your luck with the Dell.

3. Bill Manning profile image72
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

And for a different view,,,,,,

I have always bought Dell and always will. IMO they are the best built PC's around.

Therefor I have only had to talk to customer service once in the 20 or so years I've had one.

I WILL say that talking to customer service from Dell sucks big time. Picture me, a 90% deaf guy, trying to understand this India dude!

I gave up and fixed it myself. So yes, Dell customer service is a nightmare. The product however is great. smile

I have begun to believe that when I bought mine, I did not get a brand new computer from Dell. I think I was sent a refurbished instead! Of course they denied that when I asked about it. With all the equipment failures I have had, it is either bad equipment or I was scammed.

2. Peter Owen profile image60
      Peter Owenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thx. You just agreed with my original post. I have no problem with the hardware.
      If you had perfect hearing, you still wouldn't be able to understand them. Most directions they gave me, I had to have them repeat it 3-4 times and then figure out what they werre referring to. The accent is a killer when talking PC parts.

4. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 5 years ago

For the last 15 years or so my experience with Dell was always good. Both when I was working in IT support (thousands of computers) and when I was buying to myself and friends/relatives (more than a dozen total I think). I am typing this on my 3yo Dell notebook. smile

I did not have to contact their customer support though big_smile

working