jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

why was my hub removed after 18 months?

1. BJC profile image68
    BJCposted 5 years ago

I have been notified by BP that a hub I wrote approximately 18 months was flagged for not meeting the standards of HB.  My question, that has not been answered by HB, is why after so long is it an issue??  I've emailed them and made some changes but the same blanket email keeps being sent to me.

Would someone please explain this to me?

2. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 5 years ago

The standards for hub posting have changed. If it was overly promotional, overly personal, had too many ebay or amazon capsules for the length. Any of those could be a reason. We were all given fair warning that things were changing and after March 25th I think was the date, substandard hubs would be unpublished. You need to take a close look at the hub in question and determine what exactly was the cause. If you can't figure it out, then I would suggest contacting the hubteam again.

1. BJC profile image68
      BJCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, I haven't been on HP for a while so will check it out.

1. tritrain profile image78
        tritrainposted 5 years ago in reply to this

At the top of HubPages you can click on 'my account'.

It reads: "Important Changes

* Hubs with text that is substantially duplicated from other sites are now completely prohibited
            * Hubs must contain at least 50 words of original text for each Amazon or eBay product that is configured to be displayed
            * Hubs can no longer use an Amazon, eBay, Link, Comment, News, or RSS capsule as the first full width capsule in a hub

To see warnings for your hubs, please click on the title of the individual hubs below. The duplicate content rule went into effect on March 11th. Enforcement of the other two rules commenced on March 25th. To learn more, please see the announcement on the HubPages Blog."

3. tritrain profile image78
    tritrainposted 5 years ago

Make sure you have a ratio of at least 50 words for each Amazon/Ebay listing.