jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Forgive My Ignorance But...

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image91
    DIYweddingplannerposted 5 years ago

How do I know which hub is making me money on a particular day?  Noticed a definite upswing in earnings today and wondered which hub I should love! smile

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

You can check Google analytics if you have an account. You can set to view a specific date. Also take a look at your top Hot hubs as they are usually hubs that are getting views. But I don't think it necessarily means they're getting clicks.

DIYweddingplannerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, rebekahELLE.  Just signed up for Google analytics, but not even sure I know what I'm looking at yet!

3. FranyaBlue profile image76
    FranyaBlueposted 5 years ago

I asked this question with regards to the HP ad program but didn't get any answers.

Maybe it is a feature they will add later on. Hopefully.

Unless you are talking about Google Adsense?

Yes, Google, I'm not one of the chosen yet for HP ad program!

1. FranyaBlue profile image76
        FranyaBlueposted 5 years ago in reply to this

In that case, go to your adsense account, click on Adsense setup - Channels - URL channels - Add New URL Channels

then just add the urls of your individual hubs and activate. That should then allow you to see when an ad was clicked through on a particular hub.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot!

4. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

(a) Google Adsense, URL channels will show you about your hubs, track and trace, clicks and revenue. You should have One URL Channels for each hub.

(b) Google Analytics, connected to Google Adsense, will give you more details. Once you input your Google Analytics ID in your affiliate section, you will have more to work with, as far as information is considered.

Google Analytics should take a couple of days, however, any previous traffic statistics or traffic sources, will not exist. It will only exist from the time it is implemented.

Did all that about a week ago except for adding the channels which I just did.  Will it take a couple of days to show today's report?

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The active URL channels you created will accumulate information, like clicks and how much each were.

Your Google Analytics account will take a couple of days to accumulate information once your Google Adsense account is imported.

From the time you setup the URL channel, it began collecting information. If you'd like added assurance, then visit your URL channels section again and for good measure- click on the drop-down menu, click on check all, then click on activate.

I made it a habit to activate URL channels, just as a precaution. I don't think it needs to be done, but I do it anyways.

5. theherbivorehippi profile image83
    theherbivorehippiposted 5 years ago

I use URL channels.  Although...it would be nice if we were allowed more than 200. smile

working