jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

HP ad program/ google adsense

1. David 470 profile image87
    David 470posted 5 years ago

Since I started using HP ad program, I noticed that my earnings on adsense are nearly nonexistent. While the HP ad program is consistently making income, adsense's CTR, ppc, and everything else is super low.

Is this normal?

Please forgive my ignorance, if I am missing something.

1. wbfree profile image61
      wbfreeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That sounds like what some other hubbers are experiencing. I tried it on my regular account. 

After I had reached payout in March, I turned the HP ad program on for about a week. I still had some AdSense clicks but not nearly enough to make up for income I used to get with AdSense alone. On the HP ad program I earned an average of only about 40 cents per day.

I turned the HP ads off and the very next day made nearly $12 on AdSense. Which is a good day for me. So, the HP ad programs didn't work for me. Others are experiencing good results. I didn't.

Later on, if HubPages wlll allow us to pick and choose which hubs we want to add the HP ads too, I might try it again. I don't know.

2. FranyaBlue profile image81
    FranyaBlueposted 5 years ago

I couldn't comment on whether or not this is 'normal' but it is the same thing that I found when I activated the HP ads.

I have deactivated the HP ads now just to see if things go back up.

3. theherbivorehippi profile image83
    theherbivorehippiposted 5 years ago

I only had the ad program on for a short time and saw a drastic difference decline with Adsense so I turned it off.  I'm having record days with Adsense now...not willing to chance it.  I appreciate the program and I'm sure it is beneficial for a lot of hubbers but not so much for me. I'll stick with my Adsense earnings. smile