jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (17 posts)

Wow, I finally made a few dollars on Amazon!

1. 0
    Baileybearposted 5 years ago

My amazon was useless for me, but I just went & checked & there was  over $3 in there!  I was considering getting rid of the amazon, as I don't have sales hubs

1. tritrain profile image75
      tritrainposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It might be worth taking a look at a few of your Hubs.  If you think that the visitor might have an interest in a certain book or gadget that has relevance to the topic of a Hub, then it can be well worth it.

You can usually see a big jump in earnings in the months leading up to December.

1. 0
        Baileybearposted 5 years ago in reply to this

what do you mean?  Put more of similar things on other related hubs?

1. Mikeydoes profile image81
          Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Amazon should be getting you better earnings than Adsense. At least thats what is happening for me.. 500-1000  impressions averages to about $1-$5 for me.. Pre and post algo change.

1 shopping spree on Amazon dwarfs weeks(possibly months) of adsense. It's like striking gold, it  can hit you at any time too! Adsense gave me a $7 payday that I was excited about. Amazon... well like I said.. Dwarfed it. Several times.

So if you can improve your Amazon links in any way be sure to.. Either that or try and make some Amazon based hubs.. So what if they fail? It only takes one to make you hundreds.. Believe me.

Edit:

Boy I should take my own advice..

1. ewd76 profile image61
            ewd76posted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's surprising. I understand that one sale from Amazon could make you quite a bit, but I wouldn't think that you would have that many compared to Google clicks.

2. 0

some seasoned hubbers said that amazon usually does better with sales hubs

1. JSAlison profile image60
              JSAlisonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is definitely the right idea. Scattering Amazon ads around on hubs that people are visiting for any reason but product research will not get you any sales. Affiliate links will also make it more difficult to do well in the SERPS.

1. 0

my hubs aren't sales hubs, that's why I was considering taking them off

1. EmpressFelicity profile image84
                  EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You might as well leave the Amazon capsules on as not - even if you've no intention of writing sales hubs. Although it will of course take much longer to reach their payout threshold if you have only non-sales hubs.

2. Mikeydoes profile image81
              Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

ohh yeah.. For sure

2. ewd76 profile image61
      ewd76posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm glad to hear it.

3. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't get too excited - the minimum payout threshold is $100 US for checks and $10 US if you are paid with Amazon gift certificates. wink

1. 0

maybe I should opt for gift certificates?

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
          Mark Knowlesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Probably a good idea. smile

2. Rosie2010 profile image82
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

Congratulations!  I was also thrilled to see my first amazon earnings.  I'm happy for you.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

Congrats Baileybear and you can opt for gift certificates!!

4. Andrew0208 profile image60
    Andrew0208posted 5 years ago

Cogratulations! You could also look out for Amazon payout soon as you proceed to offer most relevant products to your topics. I'm begining to love knowing and using more of Amazon stuff unlike I did before now. smile

working