jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

New Capsule Rules...

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

OK...I'm confused.  I was setting up for my next article, simply getting my title and tags set, to come back and add my text later.

When I clicked "save unpublished," I got the following "warning" (in addition to the normal 'too-short; substandard' warning):

"WARNING: You have an Amazon, eBay, Link, Rss, News, or Comments capsule in the first position"

In point of fact, I do NOT have any such positioning.  By default, we are provided with a photo capsule in the first position, but not a single one of those other types appear by default.

At the point where I 'saved unpublished,' I had added NO capsules beyond what appears by default!  After seeing this message, I went back into the hub, and edited it to have a text capsule appear in the first position.

It made no difference; the warning remained.

Now, before anyone jumps me to point out that it is irrelevant while the hub remains unpublished, that is not my point.

I am pointing out a glitch in the new system that wrongly identifies capsule types from the get go, and could very well become a problem for authors upon publishing if this glitch is not addressed.

Thank you.

1. Michael Willis profile image78
      Michael Willisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like there is a glitch. I can see your point is bringing this up, it could pose a real problem.
      I know I had a very hard time getting the photo capsule to display images last night. One photo I uploaded several times and then had to use the My Photo to add the pic.

2. DaNoblest profile image60
    DaNoblestposted 5 years ago

The way I work around this is put a text capsule at the top and write a little note or something in it. You can always replace or delete this text later.

DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hmm...interesting... I did put a text capsule first, albeit a blank one...
      Thanks for the suggestion.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you have a blank capsule as the first thing, I bet that's the problem. It has to have some content in it.

DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ah--but the problem showed up before I inserted the blank text capsule, when all that was there was the default photo capsule in the first position.
          And there were never any warnings popping up under these conditions except for the 'substandard--too short' warning, if all you were doing was claiming your title.)
          This is a new 'trick' since the new rules.  ;-)

2. Rebecca E. profile image89
        Rebecca E.posted 5 years ago in reply to this

MAirsa is correct, that happened with mine when I wasn't paying much attention to where I placed the text, below teh photo capsule....