jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

The Hub Musketeers

1. 0
    Hub-Bubbposted 5 years ago

Hey everyone,

I recently stumbled across this hub:

I think the concept is really clever for increasing traffic views from Hubpages itself. I know I had trouble with traffic the last time round on Hubpages, but this idea could actually work! tongue

What does everyone else think?

1. 0
      Hub Musketeersposted 5 years ago in reply to this

In concept it should work like gang busters - all we need is for people to start joining smile

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Let's see:

1. I believe both posters are are the same person, meaning that the person is already breaking the rules by posting from two personas in one forum thread, as mentioned here: http://hubpages.com/faq/#multipleaccounts

2. The hub asks people to click on adverts. This is against the Adsense ToS and you can and WILL get banned for it.

3. The best way to get views (and money) is to get views from search engines. To get them, you need to learn about things like keywords, on and off page optimisation, and if you're so inclined, backlinking. It's been agreed for quite some time that internal views give little or no revenue. And in fact one of the staff has said that we should NOT click other hubber's adverts.

3. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 5 years ago

Getting traffic from other hubbers is irrelevant as it's frowned upon to click other hubber's ads as the previous poster mentioned. Also, those hubbers who don't see it as a bad idea are probably ad blind, anyway... as in - they're so used to the ad look and setup here on hubpages that they don't even see them anymore. The best way to get clicks is to get traffic from outside sources, preferably search engines.

4. Rik Ravado profile image93
    Rik Ravadoposted 5 years ago

Note with satisfaction that this hub is no longer published! smile

Closed to reply