I Miss the (728 x 90) ad in the Middle

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (18 posts)
  1. 2besure profile image80
    2besureposted 12 years ago

I suggest we put back the (728 x 90) in the middle of the hubs.  Those who are not using the new Hub Ad program or turn it off, are missing an ad in a important place. Smack dab in the middle there is nothing!  Thanks for your consideration.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is still there - you do not see it when you are logged in.

2besureposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh, thank you Mark.  I thought that might have added to lower rev.

2. 2besure profile image80

Mark, I logged out and I still don't see it.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image55
      prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think this is still what they use - http://blog.hubpages.com/2011/03/ad-layout-changes/

I miss that too in the middle, but I guess, they are maximizing ways to get the best layout for maximized earning potential.

2. Mark Knowles profile image57
    Mark Knowlesposted 12 years ago

They are still there:

http://markpknowles.com/wp-content/uploads/hp-ads.JPG

I guess they do not show all the time.

Oh I am sorry Mark I was not talking about the one on top.  What size are used to be in the middle of our hub?

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The ad placement that comes after the secondary text capsule and/or after the first full size photo in the second placement.

Text - ad block
        Photo-
        Google Ad Placement
        Text/Photo..etc...

Text - ad block
        Text - photo
        Google Ad Placement
        Text/Photo...etc..

The Google Ad Placement in the above examples has been removed.

2. 2besure profile image80

Hey Mark, what's with the French ads on the hub picture you captured?

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
        Mark Knowlesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I live in France so google assumes I want French ads.

I hate google..........  sad

3. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 12 years ago

I'm pretty sure those middle ones that appeared in between the third / fourth capsules (roughly) have now gone.  Whether you are in the HP program or out of it.

I had about 80 hubs when it went that had been spaced at that point to fit round the ads in a reasonably attractive, and hopefully tempting way.

Bit irritating.  Plus of course my Adsense has completely bombed.

I've now turned off the HP thing to see if I get any clicks back.

I'd rather have a dollar click every five days than 20 cents a day from HP - if that makes any sense. At least it's more exciting.

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Like you, Mark, I miss the big days from Adsense.  Of course I don't miss the myriads of clicks paying a few pennies - that got pretty irritating.  Just as soon not get one at all as get one for $.03!

Nevertheless, I will tentatively turn of the HPads in a few days - I'm just a few dollars away from payout there.  If I go right back to all those tiny clicks it comes right back on, though.

HP did say we could expect more even days from the ad program, but I didn't expect to have to get excited when daily income rose a quarter.  I still want those big $10 days occasionally. (Big to me anyway smile )

I am experimenting.  I disabled the comments capsule on about 50% of my hubs, yesterday I had a $12 Adsense day. 

Today only $2.45, so I am not sure if it was the changes I made or if it would have happened anyway.  There is a nice juicy ad at the bottom of the hub that seems to be more viable when the comments capsule is gone.

I will watch my earnings for the next week to see if removing comments is working.  I only disabled comment on articles that don't usually get many or any comments.

I've wondered about that as well.  I've a few hubs with a lengthy list of comments: I doubt that anyone ever reads to the bottom and actually finds that last ad block unless they are looking for the comment box to post a comment.

As I rarely get organic comments (usually they are from fellow hubbers) the organic reader is unlikely to search for that comment box.  As fellow hubbers don't click, I don't care if they see the ad or not, but I would like organic visitors to find it!

I hate to lose all the comments as I think they can add to a hub, though.  Perhaps the answer lies somewhere between; remove all but the last 5 or so comments.  That would not be a big deal to me as I answer then all anyway and could just go up and remove the top ones every time I answer a comment.

Hey Wilderness you can limit the number of comments on a hub. There is a drop-down menu with pre-set options. wink

@2besure- Mark Knowles is in Europe, France I think. wink

Do you know if those options will simply keep future comments from appearing or will it delete the earliest ones while accepting new ones?

I would hate to lose any seo from new content by not accepting new comments, plus I think they are reader friendly; by allowing the reading to participate in the hub it adds something to the experience I'm trying to provide.

Hey Wilderness, I don't think it deletes comments. The options given for the "comment" capsule is to display comments- "all" or "at most 20", or "at most 50" or "at most 100" are the choices.

It puts a clickable link to see more comments and tells you how many more comments there are, just above the white box to post a comment. smile

I think you're right.  I've never used it, but the key is probably "display" comments.  The option probably won't refuse more OR delete others - it just doesn't display them unless requested to do so.  Makes sense.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)