jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Trouble with the Title, Help

1. JaimeDawn76 profile image78
    JaimeDawn76posted 6 years ago

My latest hub is on photo collage and photomontage but I have really struggled to come up with a title that will do the hub justice and keep the traffic coming in.  Fine tuner has not picked anything up (yet).  I would love any critique or advice I can get regarding this hub (especially the title).  My title does reflect my keywords so I have to be careful not to change that.

Please take a peak at-http://hubpages.com/hub/Photo-Collage-Photomontage-Tips-Advice

JaimeDawn76posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Maybe this is a stupid question but I really would appreciate a little input.  Thanks Jaime smile

2. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

This is one of the neatest hubs I've seen - I'm having a hard time getting past the photos and thoughts to actually consider your "problem".

I don't find your title that bad at all, but:

Using photo editing to produce a photo montage (photomontage) and photo collages.

The basics of photomontage (photo montage) and collage by photo editing.

Do you use the keyword tool?  photo montage produces considerably more searches than photomontage, and photo collage is over 10 times the searches of photocollage.  Collage by itself is even more.

You might consider a deliberate misspelling in the title or summary, or perhaps put one in brackets as I did).  I'm afraid I'm not knowledgable enough of the subject to offer any synonyms or other terms.

All of these terms, however, are high competition; it will be difficult to rank on the search engines.

Wilderness-thankyou so much for your input and for the compliments regarding my hub.  I agree that I might need to go back into google adwords and look at my keywords again.  Do you use any other keyword search sites?

What is deemed as High Competition would be another question I would have to ask.

Once again thankyou for your response; now the work begins smile

3. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

The google keyword tool is all I use, although I have considered Market Samurai.

"High" competition is pretty subjective with lots of different opinions.  Personally I don't like to see more than a few hundred thousand results when searching for my keywords - others will say it doesn't matter as you only need to beat out some of the top ten in any case.

Searching for your keywords produces several million results - I think you will have a tough time getting to the first page or even the first few pages.

Thankyou this puts a little more clarity on what I am looking for when reviewing my keywords smile

working