jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Adsense--Is it Worth It?

1. Crystal Jewels profile image61
    Crystal Jewelsposted 8 years ago

Got a question for you all:

Does signing up for Google's Adsense worth the money you have to put forth to open up an account? I understand more traffic is a result, and I don't know about you, but I don't have money to just throw around on Adsense.

So, how do you make money using this site, or is this purely for entertainment sake? Have you made money, and how did you go about it?

I would be grateful for any suggestions on what you have done, if anything, or advice on getting more traffic to your site.

As a side note--I have only been a member for three days, and I have a hubscore of 91, is that good? What are hubscores anyway?

Sorry about all the questions...*curious*

Thanks in advance for any help

1. shawna.wilson profile image92
      shawna.wilsonposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I have been on hubpages for about two months, and so far I've made about $5 with adsense...just to give you an idea of the earnings.  I don't get as much traffic as some of the big time hubbers though, so I'm sure they make more.  Hope this helps smile

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

It costs no money to open an adsense account, so yes, it is worth it big_smile

3. Crystal Jewels profile image61

Ok, maybe I am confused.

I had an adsense account on writingup.com, but in order for my campaign to run, I had to pay so much a day. How do you do it without spending money?

Sorry, but my brain isn't connecting...*placing toothpicks in the eye to WAKE up*

4. gamergirl profile image61
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

You're mistaking Google Adsense for Google Adwords.

Adwords is an advertising tool you pay money to use.

Adsense is the other end, where advertisers gain revenue for displaying ads.

5. Crystal Jewels profile image61

Got it!

Ok, I have now opened an Adsense account. Does it just begin immediately?

Thanks again for your help