jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Starting a new hub without Google Adsense or Affiliate programs

1. MaryamK profile image60
    MaryamKposted 5 years ago

I'm new to hubpages, and would appreciate if anyone could explain if any adverts are shown on hubs that you publish before you get a google adsense account and affiliate account. I've signed up for google adsense via my blog and the amazon affiliate programs, I've yet to hear from either although I submitted the adsense app about a week ago.

If adverts are shown on hubs before I have any adsense code, or affiliate, will I be able to edit the hubs later with my adsense and affiliate code?

And would it be advisable to set up a few hubs and then submit another adsense app after I have already applied via my blog?

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

AdSense always runs on your hubs, whether you have an active account or not. Once your account has been activated, you will begin to receive 60% of the page impressions. Amazon capsules have to be inserted manually, so that doesn't happen without your active involvement.

You could certainly benefit from publishing several hubs. You cannot submit a new AdSense application. But if your application is turned down, you can resubmit it once you have published additional hubs.

1. MaryamK profile image60
      MaryamKposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, this was v. helpful. So if I want to add the Amazon capsules, I can only do that on hubs I publish after I am an Amazon affiliate?

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome. You can add them now if you like, but HubPages will get 100% of the page impressions and any sales commissions until you activate your Amazon account. Once you do, you will get 60%.

Please note the new rules concerning how many words of text there has to be for each Amazon product, posted under "My account, Hubs, Important Changes."

3. mdlawyer profile image60
    mdlawyerposted 5 years ago

If Google does not approve your account at the first instance, write some quality hubs and apply again. First go through the TOS and content policies of Hubpages and AdSense.