jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Hubwide spell check

1. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 5 years ago

It would be nice to have just one button to spell check my hub before I publish it, instead of having to click it within the capsule. I usually have multiple capsules per hub and since it takes a bit for the ajax or whatever to load, it kind of deters me from spell checking.

1. duffsmom profile image60
      duffsmomposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree, that would be an awesome feature.

2. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

Some of us write our Hubs first in Word or in a similar word-processing program.  That document can then be spell-checked as a whole and afterwards loaded by sections into capsules.  I like working that way because it is easy to revise the material before putting it into separate capsules.  In other words, the spell-check feature is not my only reason for working that way, but it is a bonus.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Plus you can check your grammar too...

1. Aficionada profile image93
        Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yessss..... I guesssss -

I'm sure it's possible, but most of the time when the Word grammar-checker says I'm wrong, it's actually the grammar-checker that is wrong.  I think that it's pretty good for basic grammar, but with increasing complexity it gets confused.

For example, earlier this evening I was typing this: "One way to figure out which elements are the most essential is to...." and the grammar-checker marked are as being incorrect.

When I remember to do so, I turn off the grammar-checker altogether.  It's just too annoying for me.