jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Infobarrel Account

1. sid_candid profile image61
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

I am seriously considering signing up for Infobarrel just a measure of diversification. If anyone writes there would like to know about your experience and whether we own the content there too just like we do at hubpages?

1. WoodsmensPost profile image64
      WoodsmensPostposted 5 years ago in reply to this

wrote 1 article there awhile back. I was totally turned off by the amount of info links they put in one article. The writer earns nothing from those ads only IB gets that income, unless they have changed the policy. Those ads are so annoying for the writer and the viewer in my opinion. I don't like the site.. period.

1. x3xsolxdierx3x profile image73
        x3xsolxdierx3xposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You do realize that they need to generate revenue somehow, right?

You say the writer "earns nothing from those ads", which is true, however your tone reflects the fact that you don't care that many writers there are consistently earning a 90% revenue share every month. Yet, you say nothing about the low AND/OR non-transparent revenue share presented by many other sites.

2. 0
      godfather25posted 5 years ago in reply to this

And yes, you do own the content to your work.

The people that run the site are really nice, and friendly. I've not been really active here on Hubpages, but I plan on producing more content here. I am looking to diversify myself, so hubpages is my next stop. lol

2. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

But you are already there sid smile

3. 0
    godfather25posted 5 years ago

I am an active member on Info Barrel, and I think it is well worth it to join. They are my number one online revenue site to write for.

As for the infolinks, yes, members don't earn off them. However, the Admin is working on getting rid of them in the first paragraph, to help members earn even more.

The revenue share is between 75-90%. You can earn up to 90% through contests.

Some of the members over there are earning more than $1,000 a month. One active member on hubpages is making more on Info Barrel.

It is definitely not a bad site at all to make money on.