How about a little trust for experts?

1. hot dorkage profile image79
    hot dorkageposted 8 years ago

I am a techno weenie.  I've also learned from bitter experience that if you don't have something right ON a web page, only a percent of people will go to a 3rd party site to see it.  So if I hub about something that has any kind of widget or technology other than vids or amazon gismos, i have to link to my blog to show it to them.  For example the audio widget.   And a lot of people won't follow the link and the point is less strong. 

OTOH, I understand entirely why it is not permitted for hubbers to insert arbitrary HTML & stuff in their hubs.  HP staff are never going to be able to write wrappers and CMS modules for every conceivable thing someone might want to post.  But what about this? 

If a hubber attains expert status (I guess that's 20 hubs with decent scores) they could get access to a little security exam that they have to pass to show they know a little about what can and can't go in a hub and why, and then after they pass they ease up on the  HTML prohibition on hubs and if they ever do anything evil they are locked out.

2. Inspirepub profile image87
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

It's a good thought, hot dorkage, although I don't think HP really distrusts the average Hubber.

It's more that if you build the HTML capability into HubPages, for anyone, then you open HP to a range of security risks, whether through user error or deliberate attacks from outside.

If the capability isn't there, then the bad guys can't exploit it.

I think the team are looking at expanding the rage of HTML tags we can use, and things like that, and possibly building special capsules to do things for us that we would want to do with HTML, so that we get more functions but the site is still secure.

3. hot dorkage profile image79
    hot dorkageposted 8 years ago

It is my biggest beef with HP that I can't put up-to-date things in my hubs.