jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Am I allowed to do this?

1. habee profile image89
    habeeposted 5 years ago

Is it okay for me to write a hub introducing my new cooking website, as long as I don't include more than two links to the site?

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That should be no problem.  As you say, though, no more than 2 links to any one outside domain.

1. Obsolescence profile image60
        Obsolescenceposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, I'm new, is that per hub or across all hubs?

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Habee, you can't write a Hub directly promoting the business or website and nothing else.

You can write a Hub about cooking and mention the site.

That's a subtle difference but an important one!

I don't think you have to get worried about dinging the same site across several Hubs.  Unless the rules have changed, it's not the number of Hubs that's the problem, it's the percentage of your overall portfolio that matters. 

So if you had 50 Hubs, and 48 of them linked to your cooking site, you'd be in trouble. But if you have 250 Hubs and 48 of them link to your cooking site, there's no problem.

1. habee profile image89
        habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Marisa! I took your advice and added info about the influence of different cuisines on American food.

2. habee profile image89
    habeeposted 5 years ago

Thanks, Wilderness!

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

@habee - I would check with Maddie before writing the hub. It sounds like it would be okay, but the FAQs on 'overly promotional' say: Purely promotional offers and Hubs designed only to promote other sites or businesses are not allowed. That would suck to write the hub and then have it moderated. hmm

@Obsolescence - You are limited to as many links as you want on each hub, but only two per hub to the same domain. You might also get dinged for linking to the same site across many hubs.

1. Obsolescence profile image60
      Obsolescenceposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, Irohner!

working