jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

banned for writing about suppliers?

1. 0
    Virtual Careersposted 5 years ago

I am new here and I have written a hub, but have not published it yet on jewelry making suppliers.  I wrote this hub to inform people as to websites I order from and the great experience I had.  I am not connected in any way to any of these suppliers, but often when people want to order supplys they are fearful to hand over their credit card to just anyone!  That having been said, will this get me banned?  I keep reading all this stuff about over promotional...so and so has been banned...everyone is leaving...and so on.  So is this allowed?  I don't have any links to their websites either, just want to throw some info out there on my experience and places I've shopped.

1. SimeyC profile image87
      SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As long as there are more than one suppliers you list, and the advice you give is unbiased and objective then you should be fine. As the other's have suggested, reading the TOS is always a good thing!

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 5 years ago

If you create a hub that solely promotes another website, it can be moderated for being "spam."

Both the FAQ and the Learning Center detail the site rules and provide info on making a well-rounded resource, not a one-sided advertisement.

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

I think it sounds fine.  Make sure you read through the Terms of Use and FAQ concerning overly promotional, and comply, and you'll be fine. http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/4668

4. 0
    Virtual Careersposted 5 years ago

Thanks you guys!  I did not even put in their website.  It is strictly based on my experience with a few suppliers..what I have bought from them, good shipping charges and so on.  However, can I link to as many other hubs about jewelry as I want?  I noticed two things when reading other hubs about jewelry.  One thing I noticed is that their are some great hubs about jewelry making and I would like to link to those.  Am I limited to only 2?  The other thing I noticed was there are many jewelry hub/sites without any hubs, what's up with that?

5. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

You can link to more than 2 hubs. I would keep it limited, and as relevant as possible to your text.

I don't know the answer to your second question, it may be related to product hubs taking a hit recently. hmm  I don't really keep up with that topic. Maybe someone else has more insight.