How many searches per month should a keyword have?

1. Andrew Gubb profile image75
    Andrew Gubbposted 5 years ago

Do you go for a keyword with moderate competition and a lot of searches per month, or something with very little competition but not so many searches? How do you balance these two things? How many searches per month minimum would you need to write an article? Or do you not worry too much about that?

Can you direct me to any tutorial hub that mentions this?

If you answer, could I ask you to mention your monthly earnings or earnings per hub to give you more credibility? I know some people won't want to mention this but I'll find it easier to distinguish between good or bad advice this way.

1. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I always try and find phrases with high traffic and low publisher competition. I also look for phrases that have a shorter phrase within a longer phrase. e.g. how to make a poultice, make a poultice, poultice. The first phrase contains all three.

For info articles I usually go for phrases with between 3000 - 100000 searches per month - the higher the better. For sales pages a lower number of monthly searches can work well but I wouldn't go for less than 1500 per month.

Read this hub

How much do I earn? Millions....

Not quite! I do pretty good though.

1. kshankin profile image61
        kshankinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for that response, I was also wondering about keywords, and the way you've mentioned finding them is exactly what I needed to hear.