jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Broken Links

1. jagandelight profile image88
    jagandelightposted 6 years ago

How do I fix a broken link that has no video in it?

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Are you talking about a YouTube video capsule with a video that is no longer available? In that case, try to visit YouTube, run a search, and see if the video is still published, then get the URL or embed code.

If it is a link to a site with a defunct video, simply remove the link.

jagandelightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No its not a video. It's a link that is in blue writing , I think link to another article. How do I unlink it?

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hightlight the link, then click on the broken chain link icon. This works in editing mode.

3. Michael Willis profile image76
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

If it is a video, then follow the instructions that Web Examiner gave you.
    The "broken link" can also be any link from your site such as in link capsule, news feed or in-text link where someone has deleted their hub or article. Just go to "edit mode" and look for the yellow highlighted portion in your hub.

Note: I have noticed several YouTube links broken lately. Seems YouTube is tightening up on it users for material used also.

Did what you said saw the yellow highlighted area but do not know how to unlink it.

1. Rosie2010 profile image84
        Rosie2010posted 6 years ago in reply to this

just highlight the yellow highlighted area and then click "broken link".  When you want to do a link, you click "link".. so when you when to unlink something, you click "broken link."  I hope I made sense.

Rosie, you made sense.
          I went back did what you said but did not see the broken link chain, so what I did was to delete what I wrote and re-wrote it so it is no longer linked. I hope that was OK.

working