jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Adsense earnings non-existent

1. David 470 profile image85
    David 470posted 5 years ago

My adsense earnings are basically non-existent. I know that the HubPages Ad program along with google alg has affected this, but its quite bad. In fact, it's almost like I don't have an adsense account anymore.

For those who have used / are using HP ad program, do you think its better to keep the HP ad program, or turn off and only use adsense???

It seems like the HP program is consistent,(for me at least) but may not have record days like adsense, but on the other hand, there won't be horrendous days. (or at least they are reduced)

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I ran the HP ad program last month and turned it off for this month. When I have compared the two, I will let everyone know my findings. It is too soon to be able to make a decision. But - I think some subjects do better than others on HP.

David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, keep us posted smile

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

I had some record days with the HubPages ad program, but that was during the nine-person beta test that happened before the Panda update.

So far, I seem to be doing about the same with Hub ads on as I would be doing with AdSense if I had them turned off, or at least that's as much as I can reckon.

3. theherbivorehippi profile image83
    theherbivorehippiposted 5 years ago

I know some people like the ad program...not me!  I turned mine off after about 48 hours.  I've had the best 2 weeks I think I've ever had with Adsense now.  I also took the capsule to leave comments off all the hubs in two of my profiles and I'm slowly working on this profile.  With less ads on the page...I needed to make use of that ad in the bottom left corner that I think many people don't see if they don't want to scroll through the comment section.  Less interaction is kind of disheartening and now no one is commenting on those hubs but I'm getting clicks on hubs I haven't seen money on in a while. 

I guess some people like the program though...if it works for them...awesome.  I'll stick with Adsense though.

Lol, I have been starting to shut off comments sections too. When I start writing gaming hubs again, I may leave them on though. Tons of comments on some of them. (Mostly people arguing about the wii lol)

4. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 5 years ago

In my experience it takes weeks for Google to come up with the right ads to get the most from a page. So even if you turn off the Hubpages ads you might not see the true result for a long while. The Google slap complicates any comparisons too- is it fading or getting worse?

What we really need is to be able to select some hubs for the Hubpages Ad program and some for Adsense.

I don't think the google slap is fading or getting worse. I am sort of sitting on the fence about where I should focus my attention. I started writing for this upfront paying site, but I have to get used to it because its professional. Meaning, they are pretty strict, use AP format, etc.

They also offer revenue sharing, but I doubt it it is as good hubpages pre-google alg, but since their not a content farm, it might help..

Hopefully, HP can go back to the way it used to be. Even if it does -- when?

5. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

My adsense earnings have been significantly poorer the last few weeks.

My Hubpages earnings fluctuate quite a lot, I haven't done much testing yet but I am definitely concerned with my drop in earnings.

6. PaulaHenry1 profile image68
    PaulaHenry1posted 5 years ago

Not a good moth and a half.............

7. Richieb799 profile image65
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

Since I turned HP ads on Sunday my Adsense earnings have been very low, but I also had a very bad weekend prior to turning it on so I cannot tell if the Google slap situation was getting worse.
    I think at least if I keep HP ads on I will probably meet payout which is something even if it is only $50. I have had 2 clicks all day with Adsense and one of those was quite a high paying click so there could still be hope..and impressions are high which is the odd part :S

8. Cheri Schultz profile image68
    Cheri Schultzposted 5 years ago

Once you turn the Hubpages Ads off do we have the option of turning them back on at a later date?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

yes. some information about HP Ads http://hubpages.com/help/hubpages_ad_program_details