The Title Tuner

1. NateSean profile image84
    NateSeanposted 5 years ago

It definitely comes in handy. I updated the titles on five of the suggested hubs and I've been getting a steadier flow of traffic ever since.

The real trick is working the suggested words into the title without making it A: Painfully obvious, or B: Confusing as all hell to your readers.

2. wheelinallover profile image82
    wheelinalloverposted 5 years ago

My Hub titles are either so badly chosen or so totally right they aren't giving me suggestions. I am not getting many hits from search engines so I think they are really bad. Most of my readers are coming from hub pages and other social networks. I really need to find a way to get my readership up or find another way to make a living.

1. Aficionada profile image93
      Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The Title Tuner only gives suggestions based on what your actual readers have used as search terms when they found you.  So, if you're not getting much traffic from search engines, you wouldn't be getting suggestions from the Title Tuner.

A good idea is to try the Google AdWords Keywords Tool.  You can type in some keywords that you think a person might use to find your articles, then the tool will show whether those keywords are actually used as search terms or not, and how often.  You can use the tool to find better keywords for a topic that you have already addressed or to find good keywords for other topics you might be interested in writing about.

Also, don't get too discouraged, because it takes some time and a lot of effective effort to become truly noticed by search engines.

EDIT: Instead of "readers" I should only have said "traffic."  There's no guarantee that our traffic actually reads our Hubs!  lol