jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

Xomba changes direction

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image88
    PaulGoodman67posted 5 years ago

"The new Xomba is taking an entirely new direction, with a focus on you, the contributors or, as we are now calling you, the Authors. We are distancing ourselves from "content farms" and putting the spotlight on our users, promoting and educating our Authors with a host of new features, many of which you have seen samples of in previous blog posts. Updated forums will be in place come relaunch." John Xomba Editor

1. WoodsmensPost profile image66
      WoodsmensPostposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the update. I haven't been over there in a while.

2. lrohner profile image83
      lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

And what exactly does that mean? I don't post over there, but can't anyone post just about anything over there?

1. canadawest99 profile image60
        canadawest99posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not sure what it means, but my xomba traffic has been hit super hard and hasn't come back like hubpages did.

2. Spacey Gracey profile image76
        Spacey Graceyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

'What does that mean' is exactly what I was thinking. Can't remember the last time I saw a Xomba page come up in the search results and I used to half half a dozen pages there that did quite well.

xomba supposedly has one of the highest trafficked adsense sites out there but you would never know it with the hit I have seen in impressions.

3. thisisoli profile image60
      thisisoliposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If they want to focus on the authors it is probably because they are going to focus on screwing them over some more.  Every change I have seen at Xomba, from stealth nofollowing, to sneakily changing the ToS to give authors less rights to their own work has left a distinct bad taste in many mouths

2. profile image0
    Oceana Swiftposted 5 years ago

I think he wants us to go to Xomba and get more info. After the experience on here since Feb.24, I'd want a contract that I wouldn't have to rewrite successful content. My definition of diversity doesn't include another site where I don't write the rules.

Oceana/Nellie, I have a solution for that.  Anything that doesn't meet standard at any site I write on gets removed and whisked away to my bukisa or triond account where they are more tolerant.  I refuse to rewrite anything that was initially approved.

2. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oceana's gone?

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image88
        PaulGoodman67posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes.  Very unhappy with rewriting a profile of hubs from scratch, maybe?  Though I thought she was doing that because she was changing profile names, not because it was initiated and enforced by HP?

1. IzzyM profile image86
          IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I know she wanted her real name gone from Hubpages, and that was why she created a new name. I also know her hubs got decimated in the change, but I thought she was going to stick around a bit longer?
          I'll miss her!
          Hope she has another username she'll come back with. (Notice I'm avoiding using her real name as she wanted it buried).

3. PaulGoodman67 profile image88
    PaulGoodman67posted 5 years ago

I've never had much success with Xomba personally.  I joined it because some people on HP said it was good for backlinks (which it wasn't, certainly for me!)

I thought it was interesting that they've decided on a radically new business model, however.

They don't give any more info about what their new direction will be.  So I know no more than anyone else.  I just thought it was interesting as many on here use Xomba.

working