Intensive Moderation

1. tritrain profile image77
    tritrainposted 5 years ago

There is some very strange moderation going on lately.  Some may be automatic, others may be from real people.

I really question the benefit to hyper-aggressive moderation. 

I think it will drive most of the regulars and core writers away, along with Panda, etc.

I'd really like to hear an official statement from HubPages on this, as I don't want to see it be driven into the ground.

Is this a positive direction?

2. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

Can you give examples of "strange" or "hyper-aggressive" moderation? Are more regulars getting banned?
    Do you see a pattern at all to things that are suddenly on the radar of the moderators?
    I haven't noticed it -- but that probably just means I'm on skating the edge unaware!

3. tritrain profile image77
    tritrainposted 5 years ago

Mighty Mom,

I've seen forum postings from many people stating that all or many of their Hubs were flagged.  You've probably read about people leaving for one reason or another.

I have noticed that a several Hubs would be flagged, as though someone systematically went through each Hub.  There's a post from one person that mentions all of their Hubs being flagged.  I personally had a Hub flagged and could do nothing to fix it.  I think it was a bug (maybe two flags counteracting one another?).

I don't know of more or less regulars being banned.

It does seem like there is a culture of "keep your head under the radar" around here.  If you post questions or forum posts you could be "looked at and flagged".  There has always been a reputation of HubPages being difficult for many writers. 

If the forums continue to look dead and the Answers covered in spam posts then many prospective new people will simply not join, or leave shortly after their Hub was flagged.

Do others feel targeted or flagged "for no apparent reason"?

*I am glad that the flagging reasons have been better clarified.

Here's a post about frustrations, as an example: