jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

1. MsQuestion profile image83
    MsQuestionposted 5 years ago

This is probably a really dumb question, but how do I make my hub go text - picture - text - picture?  I don't see any way to drag my pictures in amongst the text, like I see other people have done.  So I either have a bunch of pictures on top of my text,or underneath it.  Please help!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image87
      Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You should break your text into 3 or 4 text capsules (or more, depending upon the length of your hub). Then you can insert your photos pretty much where you want them between or next to text.

MsQuestionposted 5 years ago in reply to this

But I cfan't change it "after the fact"?  After I've already written all the text  in one capsule?

1. fastfreta profile image80
          fastfretaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes you can change it by "Cut and Paste." The way I do that is, cut a section out that I'd like to use as a sub topic, add a new text capsule, then paste the section in the new capsule. Of course, you want to make sure that you insert the capsule back in the correct place in the article. I hope this helps, as I learned this after I began my writing journey here on the site. I've had to go back, and add new capsules to make my some of my hubs easier to read.

2. Daffy Duck profile image60
      Daffy Duckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Actually it is easy.  Put the photo capsule above the text you want to put the photo beside first.  To do this you will see arrows beside the edit button of the particular capsule.  When the photo capsule is above the text  push the arrow button that points to the right.  The photo capsule will go beside the text capsule.  Hope this helps.

2. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 5 years ago

Photos are either full width, half-width or quarter-width.  The half and quarter-width size is always aligned on the right side.  On the photo capsule, you can use the arrow buttons to place the photo next to a text capsule.

It's best to make your text capsules no more than about 3 moderate paragraphs.  The text can then wrap around below the photo..and so on...

MsQuestionposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Okay...I'm going to go fiddle around with it a bit...thank you all for your help and great advice!