jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (16 posts)

How to hide thumbnails in a photo capsule?

1. mdlawyer profile image59
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

I want to hide the thumbnails row coming above a photo capsule and show the capsule as a slideshow only, but find no option to hide the row of thumbnails appearing above the slideshow.  Please help.  Thanks.

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Go to edit photo capsule click on display style, choose with border or no border that will help you get rid of thumbnails.

Do not choose thumb nail for slide shows , just for the first photo if you want to.

2. mdlawyer profile image59

All the photos appear in a slideshow and above it the thumbnail of all the photos appear in a row. When I click with border or no border in the edit photo capsule, the slideshow disappears and all the photos appear in full one after other downwards. I want to remove the thumbnails and retain all the photos in the slideshow.  What should I do?

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Aren't those a part of the slideshow? Namely to show people that there is a slideshow?

4. Rosie2010 profile image82
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

I post a lot of pictures in my hubs.  I don't click on "thumbnail" unless I want thumbnail to show.  The slideshow will automatically appear if you have 5 or more pictures in one hub.  Just post your pictures with or without borders, and if you have 5 or more pictures after you clicked publish, the slideshow will automatically appear.  The slideshow is not our choice, it is automatic.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not really. The slideshow is on by default, but can be disabled for each hub.

5. mdlawyer profile image59

The point is that if the thumbnails are shown, visitors would click on the thumbnails and possibly not on the slideshow.  Slideshow has ads on each page, but if thumbnail clicked the photo will appear only on the existing page.  That will affect the revenue.

1. profile image0

You don't seem much appreciative of people's efforts to assist you. I suggest you take your revenue aspirations up with your business associates, who presumably care, and let them guide you further.

6. mdlawyer profile image59

I haven't been arrogant in my words.  Any person of objective sense can understand the tone of my words. I have been telling the reason for such a need for me.  And stating such a point is useful for other new and under-experienced hubbers as well.

The main purpose of hubbing is earning passive revenue for the majority of hubbers. If it has occasioned evoking ill-feeling in you, I say, I never intended so and my words do not have such an import. In tone and tenor of my talk there is no scope for such a castigtion. Though I am innocent of the charge, I beg your pardon.

7. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Of course, you should elaborate and explain the source of your needs. That enriches the discussion. However, it would have been even more conducive to the discussion if you had at least acknowledged some of the points previously made.

Disabling those thumbs on top would make sense. However, HubPages only provides the features it does; it is not our - the community's - fault. Thus my advice to take it up with HubPages, requesting that they furnish or guide you towards such a feature, and explain to them why that should be done.

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Disabling the Thumbnails has been repeatedly suggested. The OP seems to have a problem understanding this.

1. profile image0

Thanks for the clarification, Sofs, much appreciated. Alas, we are in the wrong forum - this is not really a help issue.

8. mdlawyer profile image59

I am sorry that I didn't acknowledge the suggestion from you and others.  It was because I know those aspects and had tried  them but didn't find useful. 

Anyway, it is a good suggestion that we take the matter with Hubpages team for better revenue for all.

1. profile image0

Thanks to you, too. No problem. We will let it rest, and good luck to you!

9. mdlawyer profile image59

I'm sorry. I forgot to thank you again. Thank you very much for your patience and help.

10. mdlawyer profile image59

Thank you Sofs and WE for your useful advice and suggestions.

working