Hub rejected as 'Duplicate'

1. peacefulcarol profile image61
    peacefulcarolposted 5 years ago

I wrote a lens for Squidoo and it didn't have enough content, no pics, etc. so it was rejected and was never posted.  I realized my mistakes and decided that being a smaller post, it would be perfect for Hub.  It was rejected by Hub as a duplicate.   I was shocked as the content was a personal incident about me and would be impossible to be a duplicate. 

I thought about the 'lens' in limbo at Squidoo and deleted it.  My Hub still comes up duplicate.  I don't want to begin my new career in blogging and posting (I love writing!) by getting into trouble.  Any suggestions are really appreciated.  I hate to lose the post as it was a nice one, but will gladly delete it if it will clear things up.   Thank you so much.  peacefulcarol

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Much of the text in that hub was already posted as your answer on yahoo answers.  That's what is causing the duplicate content warning, not squidoo.  I'd suggest removing the sections that quote your answer, and simply link to the answer on yahoo answer's instead.

1. peacefulcarol profile image61
        peacefulcarolposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's a great idea.  If I tried to rewrite it, something would be taken away.  Will see if that works.  Thanks

working