jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Hub Rejected

1. peacefulcarol profile image61
    peacefulcarolposted 5 years ago

I posted a question about my hub being rejected as a Duplicate (it is not).  anyhow, it was rejected.  When I tried to view it from my account page, it said 'this is not published and you are the only one who can view it.'   And yet the profile says 23 views.   How can that be.   Thanks again.  peacefulcarol

1. Spacey Gracey profile image74
      Spacey Graceyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It will count your views - and just guessing but probably some HP staff kindly took a look at it to get to the bottom of your problem.

2. peacefulcarol profile image61
    peacefulcarolposted 5 years ago

Hi, Spacey Gracey

What's funny is that when I go to my account and look at the stats, and then click on viewing the 'duplicate' it says it is not published and I am the only one who can view it.  So it's interesting how there are so many views.

Anyhow, I had originally tried to post it on Squidoo but it just wasn't long enough, didn't have pics, etc. so they rejected it.  I thought it would be perfect for Hub and that is where the duplicate came up.  I went to the Squidoo forum and someone suggested that because the hub was about answering a question in the Yahoo Q & A section - was the original content still on the Yahoo Q & A and of course, that was my answer.  I had answered a teenager about starting a snow shoveling job and then wrote a story about it.  I included everything verbatim including his question, errors and all, i.e. starting a buisness.

Because I'm new, I don't want to get in trouble with Hub or google or anyone.   Thanks for your comment.  Also, I thought of deleting it but it is somehow getting views even though it is not published and that is curious.  The points are going up on it so not sure if I should delete, although hope google is not picking up on the duplicate status.  Thanks for any help.

1. lrohner profile image86
      lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The only views your hub is getting are your own each time you visit or edit it, and perhaps those of the moderators. No one else can see your hub.

If it's published anywhere else -- either Squidoo or Yahoo Answers -- it cannot be published here. And I don't know why you would think you could publish it here if it was too short for Squidoo. It should be at least 300 to 500 words or more. Too short and it will get taken down here as well.

3. 0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago

unfortunately you will have to find the source creating you tagged as duplicate content, often I just delete my hub

Not suggesting you should

good luck  smile