jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

How to remove Hubpages ad?

1. experimenter profile image59
    experimenterposted 5 years ago

If I'm able to remove them, will my hubs show it anyway using the hubpages account? Thank you

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Go to My Account, Earnings, Configure HP Adsense then Deactivate!

2. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

Were you invited to the HP Ad program? they will only show if you have it activated otherwise your Adsense ads will show.
    Unless you selected no adverts while composing a new hub.

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

HP can do whatever they want with the ad space during their 40% of impressions. But if you stop the HP ads for your 60%, they should not show up during that time. They would show AdSense instead.

1. experimenter profile image59
      experimenterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I see, thanks man. Do you know how to disable them? I only earned 5 dollars for 2 weeks that they're on and my adsense dropped tremendously. I think i'm better off with adsense.

1. Cagsil profile image83
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Go to your affiliate section, as though you are checking earnings. You should be able to disable Hubpages Ad Program directly from the page.

4. Kidgas profile image78
    Kidgasposted 5 years ago

I am certainly considering dropping the Ad Program.  My AdSense has tanked as well but it is hard to say if traffic is not the major determining factor or the fact that it is April.  April of 2010 was my worst month of the year too.

5. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
    mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years ago

I am now on Hubpages Ad program, and of course the Adsense earnings have dropped dramatically, mainly because they are displayed on the Hubs far less of the time. What I will say is I am now earning more per day than I was relying on Adsense, only difference is that now I will be paid by Hubpages through Paypal, instead of through Adsense. I think the mistake many are making is that they thought their Adsense earnings would be much the same when they agreed to the Hubpages program, only they would get money from Hubpages too, but of course this would be impossible if the adverts from Adsense were on display so much less. Overall I am finding I am better off on the Hubpages Ad program (so far at least).

6. gd2knw profile image16
    gd2knwposted 5 years ago

This program is not for me if your targeting organic traffic your better off with Google.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I disagree.  The best (monthly) ecpm I ever saw with adsense was only about $10.  I'll take HPads any time.

1. IzzyM profile image85
        IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think the trouble with HPads is that the layout for them doesn't work with Adsense so well. So those of us who try for Adsense only find our click-through rate have tumbled.

For the longest time, HPads paid me better then Adsense alone, because my more popular hubs had a lower cpm or whatever it's called.

If you only write about topics with higher paying keywords, Adsense might still be better than Adsense plus HPads.

To go from 1-2 clicks per 100 views to 1-2 clicks per 1000, hurts. No matter how well HPads are paying, it cannot compensate.

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You are absolutely right, I think about writing about topics that produce high$ ads.  I don't and thus HPads is far superior.

7. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I found the reverse.  I think it depends on a lot of different factors.