jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

I'm new and would like feedback from experienced hubbers.

1. BigSeanR profile image85
    BigSeanRposted 6 years ago

Hi Everyone,

The title says it. I've got 2 hubs published but I would greatly appreciate some feedback. I signed up with Amazon and am waiting for approval for AdSense. I think I've got the hang of the layout so I will start learning on inceasing traffic etc. I am going to give a shot at the 30 day challenge too. Am I missing anything?

http://hubpages.com/profile/BigSeanR

Thanks!

Sean

2. MelissaBarrett profile image60
    MelissaBarrettposted 6 years ago

Hi!  Welcome and good luck. 

My first advice is to reformat your hubs and quickly.  A picture can not be the first full sized capsule on a hub.  You can be unpublished for that.  Bring it down to set beside your beginning text.

Otherwise, your sparkplug article is great!  Nice use of original pictures.  Your network article is pretty good.  The only problem I had was I knew your keyword.  I know that sounds weird, but if it's obvious it distracts from reading.  You use the word several times as the first word in the sentence.  These sentences are one right after the other.  It sounds a little unnatural and a bit keyword stuffy.

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Melissa, please provide me some location that I can read up on, with regards to the NO Picture at top of a hub? I've never heard that.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
        MelissaBarrettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are completely right, I'm sorry.  For some reason in my mind I added photos to the amazon capsules and comments restrictions. I knew the rules but had a brain freeze. I appologize for giving bad information. With that said, the picture makes perfect sense the way it is.

2. BigSeanR profile image85
      BigSeanRposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Melissa! I pared down the keyword to where it only shows 4 times over the entire article. I could see it too after sleeping on it.

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Sean,

I've reviewed the below hub-
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Retro-Movie-Review-Network

I am not sure how many words this has, but it appears short. Again, I didn't take time to see how many words are in your hub.

Keywords/Tags you have on this hub is too many. The common rule from staff is 9-15 on articles up to 1500 words. Over 1500 then you can go to 40. Presently, as it appears short, then I'm sure it is not over 1500 words in length. And, having 23 keywords/tags already in place on the hub, tell me that you could be, possibly, flagged for excessive tagging. Targeted keywords/tags are better than Broad based ones.

Your second hub is fine, as it is now.

I hope it helps. smile

1. BigSeanR profile image85
      BigSeanRposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you! I cut back the keywords. Network is around 730 words. I was afraid that people would lose interest stretching it out further.

I really appreciate the suggestions.

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If Network is around 730 words, then you're fine for text. No need to change. wink You're welcome. smile

working