jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Add to an existing Hub or start a new Hub???

1. 61
    Porkibearposted 9 years ago

Quick question:  My Hub score went from an 88 to about 81 for my main hub.  The articles within that main hub are based on one specific topic and is already really long.  Should I be adding to that Hub, or starting a new hub and just leaving that one alone?

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Don't be overly concerned about Hubscore. If you use the fluctuation of Hubscore to determine and guide your Hub writing and building you'll be lost before you even get properly started.

Which hub are you specifically talking about? I'd like to see the exact length before I make a suggestion.

1. Jason Menayan profile image61
        Jason Menayanposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Agreed, and thank you, darkside. Minor HubScore fluctuations are normal, as HubScore is partly relative to all of the other Hubs' activity and HubScores. Especially during the first week after publication, big fluctuations are normal since there's very little data to use to calculate a Hub's HubScore.

Please don't get caught up in small fluctuations in your HubScore. If you do see a HubScore (for a Hub that's more than a few days old) drop suddenly a lot - like 20-30 points, or more - then there is probably something wrong with it, like it has registered a high number of duplicates.

If a Hub's HubScore settles in on a range you wish were higher, then you should consider adding more unique, useful content to it, and getting the word out. A little publicity helps plant the seeds for steady, future traffic.

- Jason

2. jimmythejock profile image81
    jimmythejockposted 9 years ago

I would suggest that if your first page is long that you start a new hub , part 2, and group it with part 1, the advantage is that you have another page of google, ebay and amazon ads which would increase your chance of clicks.....jimmy

3. 61
    Porkibearposted 9 years ago

Thanks for the replies!  Darkside, here is a link to one of my hubs.  I think it's REALLY long, and if I add anything to it, it may get too long so that readers might lose interest.

Let me know what you think.  I have a bunch of "sub-topics" I would like to post, but I think starting a new hub will probably be better.

Also, a question for the moderators:  I know "spamming" was an issue on another thread I was reading.  As far as the "definition" of spam, if all of the links on a hub point to one site...that's considered siphoning traffic.  Personally, I would like to promote one affiliate product which is correlated to the content on my hubs.  Is it okay to have one affiliate link per hub that I am creating?

Thanks for your help, guys.  I'm new to blogging/hubbing, so it's taking me a while to get used to the online rules.

4. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

I would say one hub for each topic is the way to go.  That way the tags, title, and url can be very focused on that specific topic, which increases your chances of getting search traffic.  You can always link related hubs together using hub groups, or a "master hub" that introduces each hub briefly and links to it.

One affiliate link per hub is usually all right, but it is always a judgement call.  The most important thing is to make the content of your hub a useful resource in itself.   Your hubs seem to be fine in that regard, from what I've seen.

1. 61
      Porkibearposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the info.  I wanted to make sure I was creating my hubs in the right way, because it seems unorganized if different topics were pushed into one hub, rather than categorized into separate hubs.  Thanks again!