jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Hubber Score and Traffic

1. mdlawyer profile image61
    mdlawyerposted 5 years ago

Will Hubber Score affect traffic level? If so, what should be the minimum Hubber Score for generating technically the highest traffic. I want some information on this aspect. Please help. Thanks.

2. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 5 years ago

Traffic affects HubberScore.

A higher HubberScore might get you a little more traffic by you being featured on extra pages around HubPages. But it is a reflection of your success rather than a precursor to it.

3. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

High Individual hub scores effect search engine traffic though don't they Darkside?

1. lrohner profile image85
      lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No. Hubscore has absolutely nothing to do with anything except whether your links are DoFollow or NoFollow, and maybe what your overall author score is.

Darkside gave a very good explanation, though. A higher hubscore MIGHT get your hub featured on a few more pages, resulting in slightly higher traffic, but that's it.

2. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What lrohner said.

4. mdlawyer profile image61

Thank you darkside.  One thing. If similar topics are written on by differnet hubbers, will the hub of the hubber with highest Hubber Score appear first in organic search? Please advise.

5. brakel2 profile image86
    brakel2posted 5 years ago

Not necessarily. If you have good keywords and good content, anything is possible. Sometimes hubbers with higher scores may have better content and better keywords if they have had more experience. So don't give up. I don't have many hubs, but I have several that are on the first page of google and even other search engines. Since the Google changes, however, some of my hubs are no longer on the first page but moved to page 5 or 8  or so.

6. SandyMcCollum profile image80
    SandyMcCollumposted 5 years ago

The hubscore needs to be above 75 to have do-follows, is that correct?

1. lrohner profile image85
      lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I believe the individual hub needs to have a score of 45 or higher to have DoFollow links. But your author score can also affect it. If your author score dips below 75 (I think), then ALL links are NoFollow, despite individual hub scores.

1. SandyMcCollum profile image80
        SandyMcCollumposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ah, thanks!

7. mdlawyer profile image61

Thank you all for your useful tips.

working