jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

So confused

1. Christene profile image81
    Christeneposted 5 years ago

When the # of Amazon items rules changed we got notices at the top of hubs that needed to be fixed. I updated every one until the notice disappeared.

Emails were sent out for hubs that were still not in compliance. I did not get any. So I thought I did everything I was supposed to do.

So, why is it that my hubs are now getting taken down for being overly promotional?

I deleted even more, and resubmitted them, but I'm not optimistic here.

2. lrohner profile image86
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Did you have any other links in the hubs? If you linked to, for instance, a personal website across many hubs, that could do it.

Other than that, I'm clueless.

3. Christene profile image81

I do have links to lenses on most of my hubs. (And links to hubs on most of my lenses). Not the same pages though, and never more than 2.

If that's the problem it would be very helpful for them to tell me that. The rules listed in the email I've already complied with.

1. lakeerieartists profile image80
      lakeerieartistsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Christene, please mention this in your email to them, because you are not the only one this is happening to.  This came up yesterday or the day before with myself and Janet.

4. Mutiny92 profile image87
    Mutiny92posted 5 years ago

Not to worry.  I made changes on one that was included in the long listing that came through email.  The system accepted it and I thought I was good to go.

Then I got an email this AM that notified me my hub was overly promotional and was taken down.  Sure enough, it did not meet the 50 words/product rule.  I made the changes, resubmitted and all was well.

I don't like the fact that the system allowed it earlier though.

I wish that they would not instantly "take it down" either.  That seems a bit draconian for an issue that most hubbers would quickly resolve without risky the hub being de-indexed by google.  If anything, put a timeline on the message: "You have XX days to change this hub or it will be taken down and we will take away your birthday and think evil thoughts of your hubbing abilities..."

5. lakeerieartists profile image80
    lakeerieartistsposted 5 years ago

Well, I have already made my opinion known in another thread, but for me it is having to do it twice.

6. Christene profile image81

I just found where you and Janet were posting. Yes, this is the same thing. HubPages already said I fixed them, now they are saying they aren't fixed enough.

I'm starting to feel like HP is a wicked stepmother from a Disney movie. hmm