jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

peopleperhour

1. Ritsos profile image66
    Ritsosposted 5 years ago

Anyone use peopleperhour.com? ... interested to hear any comments

2. EmpressFelicity profile image84
    EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago

I've just joined it, funnily enough.  I have just made my first bid but haven't done any jobs so too early to tell.

A couple of things I can say, though:

1. The application form/process is fiendishly complicated

2. I really, really don't like the way they expect you to use your real name (rather than a screen name) and a photo of yourself as your avatar.  Though a lot of people get round it by not posting a photo at all.  I've put a picture of a cat up, which will probably get me into trouble at some point!

Ritsosposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks ... Don't really have a problem with real name as from a quick look, people are asking reasonable money rather than the $1 for a weeks worth at some sites.

If I was going to employ someone and pay a decent wage, I don't think I would personally employ someone who had a penname or a picture that wasn't of them, though I do understand concerns about privacy but I suspect real names/pics get better results.

1. EmpressFelicity profile image84
        EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't understand the picture thingy.  At all.  I've sold £££ worth of stuff on eBay and elsewhere and nobody needed my picture - they had my feedback to go by!

Maybe it might be vaguely helpful to have a picture if someone is thinking of hiring a person to work onsite but for remote working?  Nah.  And most of the jobs on peopleperhour are one-off freelance assignments - it's not as if we're talking a full-time salary with pensions/benefits etc.

3. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 5 years ago

I'll have to take a better look at this later, it looks a lot like odesk which I've used in the past. I've used a lot of my work on HubPages as a way to get work on Odesk with much success. I'll keep you posted on whether I join this peopleperhour site and what I think. Thanks for the link!

4. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago

yes i have used it, awaiting payment for first job!

Ritsosposted 5 years ago in reply to this

how did you find the experience and ease of getting work ?

thanks

working