jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Things to consider before preparing a hub

1. call.mishra profile image60
    call.mishraposted 5 years ago

What are the things one should consider before preparing a hub in order to attract more traffic and make money from Google ad sense?/

2. matherese profile image61
    mathereseposted 5 years ago

good keywords is one of them

3. Jaggedfrost profile image86
    Jaggedfrostposted 5 years ago

Have you used the bathroom yet

4. Marie McKeown profile image95
    Marie McKeownposted 5 years ago

As far as I have been able to learn so far there are a few things to think about if you want to attract plenty of traffic:

1. Keyword research - makes sure your keyword phrase doesn't have too much competition already out there on the net.
    2. When you are writing make it search engine friendly but don't overdo it - use the keyword phrase a few times in your article but don't stuff your writing full of the same phrase over and over.
    3. Write a good article, with lots of interesting details, photos, capsules etc - this will mean you will start to get people who are interested in the topic linking to your hub.
    4. Do some work yourself to create links to your hubs from forums, social-bookmarking sites or social networks like facebook or twitter. But don't overdo it because it can come across as spamming and google will actually send less traffic to you.

Hope this helps - I have learned a lot from the learning centre and also from fellow hubbers articles on the subject. If you search hubpages for something like 'make money' or 'get traffic' you will lots of results to choose from.

Good luck!

1. stuff4you profile image47
      stuff4youposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Regarding 4)

A competitor (or enemy) could spam someone's hubs so that they would get less traffic.
      This is black hat, but based on Google intentionally giving you less traffic because of spam - it sounds too easy for a black hat competitor to lower one's chances for success.

I think it would make more sense for the 'extra extra' links to simply not count either way.

5. Rosie2010 profile image83
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages, call.mishra!  Wow! You'd done 26 hubs in two weeks.. that's great!  As everyone says keywords are important.  Before I write a hub, I always go to Google Adwords first and check the keywords to use most effectively on the subject matter I want to write about.  Linking to older hubs that are already established is another.  Also linking your hubs together, like your hubs in cataloguing, will give your readers who are interested in that topic more options and give your other hubs on the same topic some views as well.  I've just been here five months, so I'm still learning myself.  But those ones seem to help me boost my traffic.  Also be active here in Hubpages.. read and comment on other hubs that you might find interesting, so they get to know you and read your hubs as well.  I wish you all the best here in Hubpages.