jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Suggestion Please: Add Learning Center Link to Header

1. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 5 years ago

I wish I had a dime for each time there was a thread started about setting up hubs, rules, affiliates, etc. I would be rich by now. big_smile

The reason I suggest the "Learning Center" link be added to the Header area ( By the Topics-Hubs-Answers-Forums-Feed ) is maybe it would draw more attention to the Learning Center and less repetitive threads.

This would be very useful, especially for the New members to find the answers without having to see dozens of threads started to seek answers to the exact same issue time and time again. And it might be helpful to longer members as well. It would be right there for immediately going to the Learning Center.

^^^I know it is in the Bottom of the page in small print, but it seems to Not be working too well there...see the repetitive threads about such information!

1. tritrain profile image77
      tritrainposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Very good suggestion.

2. recommend1 profile image72
      recommend1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I completely agree with this - I have needed the centre a few times and each time have to go find it, sometimes cannot be bothered and look other sites.

I never understood why it was semi-hidden but then their HP email is also semi-hidden and not so easy to find.   

I guess that altogether it cuts down the number of times people bother HP staff and maybe also means they need less staff, maybe not such a good choice of tactic in the light of recent avents ?

So - I would say put the help pages prominently in the front pages in several places and the email along with it and a well indexed and searchable FAQ section to reduce the number of emails.

2. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 5 years ago

I agree that it should be more prominent. A searchable FAQ would be AMAZING! Just yesterday I was searching for something in the FAQ and couldn't find it so I ended up looking in the forums, digging for a while before finding it.

Michael Willisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I can see the FAQ better used if it was also at the top area.

1. relache profile image88
        relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The FAQ is linked at the top of every single page.  It's linked to the word "help."

Given that the FAQ is linked at the page-top, and can go completely unnoticed and unexplored, I'm not sure adding a Learning Center link there will be as helpful as one might presume.  After all, just this week I saw someone asking where to find the link to start a new Hub, and that's at the top of every page too.

Michael Willisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol, I know what you mean Relache. It can be right in front of someone and a thread is started asking where to find it.
          Just trying to Add something to cut down on the repetitive threads; anything!