jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

New Hubber in need of helpful guidance going forward

1. johndwilliams profile image84
    johndwilliamsposted 5 years ago

Hello fellow Hubbers,

I am getting to like this site more and more, it really is very unique.

Just to make sure I am heading in the right direction would anyone recommend any helpful advice on how I can tweak my hub?

http://hubpages.com/hub/Wet-Russian-Spring-2011

I have several others that are a lower score, but I am curious as to why this one is working best of all?

http://hubpages.com/hub/Walking-Stick-H … d-and-horn

is low for example...

...I am missing anything obvious here being a Noob and all...

Thanks in advance

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Your hubs appear to be well-considered and well-designed. I did not read through, as it was my initial impression that the writing is clean. Instead, I focused on the tags. You have thought about relevant tags, but adding a few narrower tags and keywords may be helpful. About the walkingstick, for example, what of specific brands, manufacturers, or locations. This could make a difference for search engine traffic. Scores, I see no cause for concern, increased traffic may bring them higher.

johndwilliamsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your advice it's greatly appreciated - I will look at the tags and keywords, thanks again

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

The reason why your "Russian weather" hub is doing better than your "walkingstick handles" hub is because no one at all is actually searching for the term "walkingstick handles."

johndwilliamsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ahhh I chose bad titles, is the title the most essential search patern as I think the keyword is OK within the hub...

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
        rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The hub is very well done and really amazing. I think it being such a niche topic, it may help to search sites which also have similar content and leave comments directing back to your hub, if it is acceptable to leave links.

I used the search term, walking cane handles to see related searches. You can get some ideas. Once you follow the link, you can also look on the left sidebar and click on wonder wheel. It gives even more ideas.
        http://www.google.com/search?q=walking+ … CBQQpwUoAw

4. 0

I think your titles are fine. Whether or not people actually search for that topic is another issue.

5. 0

RebekahELLE, I agree. I would give the niche a chance to work, strengthen it.

6. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

the first one needs to have the large photograph moved below the text capsule and perhaps remove some amazon products.
    write another paragraph.
    the second one also move the photo down below the first text capsule
    looks promising..welcome

7. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

I think the images are fine, especially for the second one which is more niche, they're not big and intrusive and he's not blasting the viewer with ads. The ads can still be seen.
    Hopefully, most viewers would be coming in from a search, and there are ads above the title also.

8. johndwilliams profile image84
    johndwilliamsposted 5 years ago

Thanks all for the input - I have tweaked slightly, my next hub will become more focused now.. I have pulled the eBay ads off as I am not on their associate program so no point in giving them revenue.

I have pushed the photos primarily to the left..

Thanks again for the avice

working