jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

youtube copyright ?

1. mathair profile image73
    mathairposted 5 years ago

I linked to a youtube video in one of my Hubs. By accident i clicked on it about a week later and recieved a message that the video had been taken down due to numerous complaints of copyright infringement. This was not intentional on my part!
    I received no email from anyone about this and now i'm feeling really bad. How do I avoid this happening again as i've another Hub ready to publish that has a similar link.

1. camlo profile image84
      camloposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've always understood that it's the person who uploaded the video who is at fault if it infringes copyright laws, and not those who simply link to it. How could a person who links to it possibly know that it infringes copyright?

2. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You are embedding the code. Literally, the video is running off YouTube's server. Like others have said, it isn't your fault or responsibility. If you knew it to be pirated material, there could be a moral aspect or even a legal dimension, but otherwise just keep an eye on your videos regularly, relax.

2. Rosie2010 profile image84
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

I use Youtube videos too.  Some videos actually say "© Video content from..." but most don't.  To make sure a video is ok to be shared, go to the channel and see if the owner allows sharing.  Good luck!

1. camlo profile image84
      camloposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As I understand, if the owner doesn't allow sharing, embed is disabled. No?

1. sabrebIade profile image85
        sabrebIadeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Exactly.

3. mathair profile image73
    mathairposted 5 years ago

Thank you everyone for your swift replies. That is what I understood too Camlo. Being fairly new to Hubbing I thought maybe I missed a rule somewhere.

working