jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

intercepting comments etc.

1. Dave Mathews profile image59
    Dave Mathewsposted 5 years ago

Someone going by the name "daytripeer" seems to be intercepting comments to and from myself and another Hub writer. This person has somehow infiltrated Hub and can leave anonymous rude comments on other writers hubs and then block the Hub writer from deleting comments. This must be stopped as it interferes with the expected confidentiality between writer and commentor.

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

So you're saying someone has hacked HP? hmm

No one can prevent you from deleting their comments. wink

3. Daniel Carter profile image91
    Daniel Carterposted 5 years ago

You indicated similar problems on your facebook account. If someone else has control of that account, you have probably got a lot more hacking going on than just FB and here. Whoever hacked your FB account could have also hacked your hub account. And I'll bet if that's the case, they have control of a lot of other accounts, like email, etc.

4. camlo profile image82
    camloposted 5 years ago

If you can log into your HP account, you must be able to delete comments on your Hubs, even when they've already been approved - any time you like, actually. I don't understand.

5. SandyMcCollum profile image86
    SandyMcCollumposted 5 years ago

Are you saying the posted comments are being made in YOUR name, or they're leaving rude comments between you and the other hubber?

ETA: There was someone a few years ago who went my daytripper and they spread a virus around.

6. camlo profile image82
    camloposted 5 years ago

I just read the original post very, very carefully, and now it makes even less sense to me than it did before.

If "daytripeer" is leaving comments anonymously, how do you know it's  "daytripeer" who's leaving them? Have the other Hubbers told you that "daytripeer" is disabling them from deleting their comments? Has "daytripeer" left comments on your Hubs, and are you able to delete them? How do you know that "daytripeer" is intercepting HP?