jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)

Face Book

1. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

Going back three weeks now I have tried to post my Hubs to Face Book only to learn that someone has accessed my account either there or here so that I am blocked from posting. Furthermore when I try to correct this problem on their page or contact them in any way I cannot, unless I go through some photo recognition of photos of people I do not know.

Please assist if possible.

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Normally when you go through the photos of unrecognizable faces it is because you are on the wrong account. It honestly could be that someone has breeched your account. Once you are able to access it, change the password. I had the same problem and now my account is finally back on track.

Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The faces are of my wife's family in the philippines who I have never seen that's why I don't recognize them.

As far as changing my password, I have tried but I still end up having to go through the same process again of facial recognition.

1. Ivorwen profile image85
          Ivorwenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Does your wife use your account?

no never it is a secured account, but obviously not enough as someone has possibly hacked me.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
              Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

God works in mysterious ways His miracles to perform. lol

Or did satan dunnit? Hoo nos?

2. AEvans profile image71
          AEvansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Has facebook sent an e-mail directly to your account notifying you that you are trying to make changes?

yes but when I try to access thru the link ptovided I still hit the same road block of facial recognition of people I am not familiar with.

2. Daniel Carter profile image91
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

Sounds like you've been hacked. Not sure how to overcome it on facebook.

3. Reality Bytes profile image93
    Reality Bytesposted 6 years ago

If you can log in to Facebook under account settings you will see account security.

If you have the box below checked I do not believe you can post to your wall.

I hope this helps?

(Secure Browsing (https)
    Browse Facebook on a secure connection (https) whenever possible)

My log in is useless, and I've tried changing my codes but I cannot gain access. I cannot even see a "Contact Us" on the page they allow access to.

1. Lisa HW profile image83
        Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That kind of thing happened with my friend's Hotmail account.  Because he was locked out of it (because someone else had gotten in) he had trouble getting anyone at Hotmail to talk to him/e.mail him.  He ended up having to set up another account under another name, and then dealing with them about the hacked account from there.  He wanted the old account closed anyway, because he had reason to suspect someone had gained access to at least some passwords.  I don't know how Facebook does things, but that's how it worked for him in Hotmail.  (He had someone requesting money from his co-workers from his Hotmail account   mad.  Fortunately, others where he worked had the same thing, so they knew it was a virus.)  Of course, he had to change all his bank account info (etc) because of getting hacked - so it wasn't handy, to say the least.   

You probably already know this would make sense, but I'd start by running a full virus scan - besides dealing with the Facebook account, itself.  My friend's virus-scan showed up all kinds of stuff on his work computer (not home one).   It was just whole big mess for him and his co-workers (and they're all technical people or scientists   hmm , so it's not like they were doing stuff that was careless.   hmm  )

Lisa since I cannot access FaceBook through their customer service I cannot get them to correct this problem. I have reset my account with 3 new and different access codes, but end up with the same problem at the same verification page of facial recognition of people that I don't know.

4. SandyMcCollum profile image80
    SandyMcCollumposted 6 years ago

Try logging in through a different browser.

5. camlo profile image85
    camloposted 6 years ago

This is also interesting:
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/72985

6. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago

I keep having problems with Facebook too.   I think they need to shut down for a while and clean up the problems....

working