jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Something went wrong - you can say that again

1. Bard of Ely profile image89
    Bard of Elyposted 5 years ago

I have been trying to approve some genuine comments that are not spam but keep getting "Something went wrong" messages! I refreshed and the comments are there several times and the option suggesting that one of them is spam. If I click on this it gives the "Something went wrong" message again!

Just went to have another look and the same comments have been posted four times with another version asking me if I want to accept or deny etc but if I click on deny or approve it says "Something went wrong"!

1. Daniel Carter profile image90
      Daniel Carterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There have been some screwy things going on at HP today. Others have posted that HP blew up in their browsers, no stats showing, etc. There have been some strange blips for me as well.

Maybe restart your browser and relog and see if that cleans it up. Otherwise, it may be server problems and you just have to wait it out.

2. Aya Katz profile image89
    Aya Katzposted 5 years ago

My adsense id number and other affiliate related code was visible for a while on my profile page, but now is not visible anymore.

I'm guessing HP is redoing some of its coding and has a few bugs in the code that they are working through.

3. humagaia profile image71
    humagaiaposted 5 years ago

Get the same 'something went wrong' every time I enter the captcha when I create a new hub. It does not appear when I enter the new captcha that is presented. Teething troubles methinks for this new 'facility'.
    Why HP needs a captcha I don't know. Do they really get automatic postings from non-humans?

1. Aya Katz profile image89
      Aya Katzposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Since when is there a captcha for posting a new hub?

1. humagaia profile image71
        humagaiaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Since yesterday for me in the UK.
        Maybe it is only there for me as I am not a human.

4. sunforged profile image64
    sunforgedposted 5 years ago

I noticed a capcha a few months back when starting a new account for hubsacademy.

They have probably always existed for new users and probably appear  here and there for established users

5. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Something has to be wrong with the servers. 

The forum main page lists three version of the Official Announcement forum, but then says there are no relevant threads in them when you click the main forum links.

And some lady's question (with answers) has been repeated several dozen times in the Answer section.

Time for me to go do something other than HubPages for a few hours...

6. WriteAngled profile image93
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

I will be devastated if these wretched captchas are going to be plaguing my life here.

I have problems with visual-spatial perception. As soon as letters become distorted, I cannot recognise them any more. Most fancy fonts, and even lots of italic script, are totally inaccessible to me.

I find it almost impossible to read most handwriting. When I am faced with a captcha, I sometimes need more than an hour before I finally get one I am able to solve and I am usually in tears long before that. I really think it is a totally inhumane approach to use them.

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Do a ctrl+ smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
        paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

right now. smile

7. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

And ctrl- will bring it back down. smile

8. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Solves my captcha reading problems every time. smile