jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Here's One of Mine

1. Marian Swift profile image60
    Marian Swiftposted 8 years ago

This Hub does not get many views.  Well, none of 'em get as much as I'd like, but this is the runt of the litter:

(Thanks, staffers, for this way cool update!)

1. 0
      daflaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I think it's a great article, but I'd use the first subtitle as your title, something like "Would You Like to Throw Your Shoe at the TV Screen?"  It would likely get more people to click through.

2. Ryan Hupfer profile image80
    Ryan Hupferposted 8 years ago

I would of titled it something like The top citizen journalist sites on the web or How to easily become a citizen journalist since you are basically listing out places and ways for people to jump into the world of citizen journalism. 

10 top citizen journalist sites would be a good one, too.

Citizen journalism is a very saturated search term, but if you find the right niche, you could definitely rank. The goal is to find the balance between something that people are searching for, but something that a whole lot of people haven't written about.

The good thing is that with the 'HubPages Boost', you should rise above a lot of content that's already out there. Also, trying to snag one or two other backlinks never hurts either, even of they're from an article website or personal blog.

3. Marian Swift profile image60
    Marian Swiftposted 8 years ago

Thanks, dafla and Ryan!

Thank you both for the kind words.  Sounds like the title's the problem.  I'm aiming for readers who've just started looking for alternatives to the mainstream media, and/or are ready to get active, but do not know where or how to start.  I like the idea of riffing off the shoe throwing bit, and am mulling it over.

Next step is probably finding good places to link it.

If there's anything else I need to work on, I'd love to know that, too!