Should I revamp my children's book articles

1. wannabwestern profile image90
    wannabwesternposted 5 years ago

I have been contemplating for some time the idea of taking all of my story time book recommendation hubs and dividing them up into shorter-length articles by topic.

Currently they are organized by month, for example "Storytime themes for the month of April," with 4 or 5 theme recommendations with books to read for that theme.

I have a lot of cross-linking going on with these hubs so taking them apart would be a huge amount of work, but my gut tells me it would be a better return on my efforts because the topics would be more directly searchable. Thing is, this will require me to probably take about 15 hubs offline, which I could do in the space of a few weeks, but probably not faster. Is it worth the hit to my score to revamp these? BTW, if you check them out, one of my hubs has been delisted so many links are already broken.

Thanks for your feedback.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

The one I checked was pretty to look at but very long. You could try to create some new hubs by shortening them, maintaining the original as a core hub, see how it goes. Or you will lose search engine ranking generated through aging.

1. wannabwestern profile image90
      wannabwesternposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That was my thought too. Keeping the originals as core hubs is a good idea. It would be a bit redundant but all of them are long like that, so there is ample material to create many smaller hubs. Those hubs vary in quality because they were written over a period of about 18 months, but a lot of effort has gone into them and I don't see them performing as I'd like. Thanks for your feedback, Website Examiner! Maybe I will go for it, then.