Someone has copied my hub. Refresh my memory on what to do.

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)
  1. brakel2 profile image74
    brakel2posted 13 years ago

My article has been posted to a site called Concrete Beam
    floors and is on the first page of Google with my article. A few words are changed. My same bookmarked hub is also on first page in Squidstop

1. Jlbowden profile image85
      Jlbowdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hello Brake 12:

Some of us including myself, have had this happen recently. In fact a good number of my articles here on Hubpages, are also on a site called 68articles.com. Make sure that your articles are not on that site as well. If they are, than take the same steps as the rest of the group here directed you in doing. I would also suggest, that at the end of each article you publish, write that this work is the copyright of you, and put the date. This might help.

Jlbowden

brakel2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. I used to copyright everything, and now I will again.

2. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

If there's a "contact us" page, do just that. Give them both links and the date that your article was published. Give them a set period of time to take the article down (a week or two), and let them know that you will take further action if they do not take it down by then. That's your Cease and Desist letter.

If they don't  take it down, you file a DMCA.

The "contact us" went right back to the article, so there is no place to contact.

1. lrohner profile image69
        lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do a WhoIs lookup so you can see who owns the site. Also make note of who their host is.

If you can find an email address for the website owner, proceed with the C&D. If not, send a DMCA to their webhost. If they run AdSense ads, you can send a DMCA to them (the AdSense folks) as well. I'm pretty sure HP has a copy/paste DMCA somewhere attached to each hub.

Thanks Irohner. I am trying not to be stressed.

2. brakel2 profile image74

They must be sneaky because they don't show up correctly on whois. Should I email hubpages and ask them what to do? I guess this is a learning experience.

1. recommend1 profile image60
            recommend1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't get stressed about this - it is annoying but the procedure is not so hard, it just has to be learned.

You have to dig in the HP help pages which I still can't find easily, A FAQ section would be really useful, but we don't have one.

Your best route is to find any of the recent threads where PearlDiver or Website Examiner has been active, they are constantly giving this kind of advice.

3. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

Sorry to hear that, but it does happen and As Irohner states follow procedures and hope for the best, being they take it down.  smile

4. lrohner profile image69

brakel -- Can you post the WhoIs info, as well as the URL of the site? It would make it easier for us to help you. Oh, and the URL of the copied content too.

5. lrohner profile image69

brakel -- You caught a sneaky one. File a DMCA as soon as you can with either abuse@internet.bs or at info@support.internet.bs. Give them a week and then follow up. You can go to internet.bs and live chat with a rep. I just did for you and they gave me that info. It's a good starting point.

Thanks so much. You have been so great to help me. Thanks to all.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)