jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Do you people post on the other "Content site"?

1. Caesar Lau profile image74
    Caesar Lauposted 6 years ago

Hi all,

I am kind of new to these content sites. I am wondering I am allowed to use the same content I posted in HP in other content sites.

Thanks for the help!

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Please take some time to read these
      http://hubpages.com/faq/
      http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/

HP will not allow you to post duplicate content , you need to write fresh content for HP .

Caesar Lauposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The only reason why I ask this question is because of this statement:

"HubPages does not assign ownership of a specific topic to a Hubber. Anyone is free to write on any topic they like. However, by creating a high number of Hubs filled with original, useful content, you will boost your HubPages status and you may become recognized in the community as an expert."

If they do not have ownership over my content, then I am free to do whatever with it right? I know some consequences may occur and that's why I want read some opinions from other first.

I strive to make high-quality content but I want to get more traffics from multiple sources. I am not saying HP is bad. In fact, I really like this site due to its ease of use. But reality comes first!

1. sofs profile image88

2uesday has made it clear ..i will expand it a little further...

What you write is yours, you own your content . Topics or niches are common to everyone.  Like wise anyone can write on any subject  they please, no one owns a particular area or a subject or a genre of writing.

You can take it from here and use it else where as a owner, but you cannot place the same content on other sites at the same time - that is duplication of material. Google frowns upon it as well .

I hope this helps.

2. independentwriter profile image60
      independentwriterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I will be honest, I have tried other content sites and only found myself to be completely frustrated.  Some sites will rip your content off and others will set the bar so stinking high, if your new you will quit anyway.

1. sofs profile image88

I would go so far, I write on other content sites and I have had no such complaints.  You need to be choosy, do your research and pick the sites you would be comfortable with.

2. 2uesday profile image86
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

Hi, my take on this is  HubPages do not own your content but they are the ones publishing it and can refuse to do so if it does not fit with their TOS and rules.

The quote you give is referring to a writer not having an exclusive right to writing hubs on a certain topic.

I may be wrong on my interpretation of the quote and if so hope someone will correct this in a future post.

BTW You do keep the copyright of the article you write and publish here.

Caesar Lauposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the reply.  I will stick with HP then!

working