jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

IRREVOCABLE

1. Susan Ng profile image89
    Susan Ngposted 6 years ago

This word highlighted in black at the bottom of my account page caught my eye today. Just curious, what heinous acts of violation would prompt HubPages to make a hub irrevocable? yikes

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I remember Maddie saying that spam backlinking would do it. smile

2. Susan Ng profile image89
    Susan Ngposted 6 years ago

Spam backlinking is when you put a lot of links that are unrelated to the content of your hub, right?

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That captures the essence quite well, I think. The way I recall it, the example given was where hubs were made solely to promote an external site; that would be incurable.

Susan Ngposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I see. smile I was looking though the forum for a topic on that "Irrevocable" thing but didn't find any so I decided to ask.

So is spam backlinking the only reason a hub might be deemed irrevocable? smile

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm sure they will use it a lot more than that. A hub written to defame another person, for example. One written in a foreign language, etc.

About that "hub written in a foreign language" bit, I have several hubs that contain lyrics to Japanese songs. Would that be considered a violation?

3. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

W.E. Alert! smile

Uh, what does "W.E." mean?

Haha! Nevermind, I think I've figured it out. big_smile

4. lrohner profile image86
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

When a hub is marked irrevocable, it means that the hub will not be published here no matter how many changes you make to it. Full stop.

Although there is no real information from the HP team, I would imagine that could include stolen content, illegal topics, spam (including spammy backlinked hubs as WE pointed out), etc.

Spam backlinks could include those that come from dubious sources, obviously used paid services, etc.

Oh, I see. I thought "irrevocable" meant the hub has been unpublished and deleted and you can't ever get it back. Hehe. tongue Thanks for clearing that up. smile

1. rebekahELLE profile image90
        rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

it means, 'we caught you, don't try it again'

5. Anesidora profile image82
    Anesidoraposted 6 years ago

They caught me providing a very handy listing of specific places of tourist interest with original summaries of the services they provided. How dreadful of me. No biggie, was already planning on moving all my tourism stuff to their own sites anyway.

working