jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Lost my job yesterday

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

But I'm not feeling as bad about it as I thought I would. Time to get serious about writing.

I noticed I was so stressed and upset after I got home yesterday, but when I was writing I was calm and happy. I think the universe is trying to tell me something.

Of course, I will need to find a day job by the middle of the summer but I will be writing more.

1. Mutiny92 profile image87
      Mutiny92posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm sorry to hear that!  On the good side, I smell the makings of a IM marketing success story!

2. CMHypno profile image88
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

Sorry to hear that UW, but it sounds like you are already finding the positives of the situation. Good look in your new endeavours! smile

3. PrettyPanther profile image88
    PrettyPantherposted 5 years ago

I'm sorry to hear that, but it sounds like you've already turned a negative situation into a positive.  Good for you, and I wish you well in your search!

4. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 5 years ago

Good luck, just work hard at your online empire and I am sure that you will soon match your old wage and never want to return to working for someone else..

I left my work last October and have not looked back since....

5. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

I wondered where you were. I was thinking about you earlier this morning!  Sorry to hear the news. It can happen to anyone at anytime without notice!  I'm sure with your talents that other opportunities will open for you.

Stay in the flow... smile

6. Mikeydoes profile image79
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

I hope writing becomes lucrative for you! No more crappy jobs please!!

1. lovemychris profile image80
      lovemychrisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I second that!

7. recommend1 profile image72
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

Losing your job is a bummer - and it can be more stressful than we like to admit sometimes.  Good luck with the writing and chin up  smile

8. Sweetsusieg profile image85
    Sweetsusiegposted 5 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear that!!  Best of luck to you here on HubPages!!

9. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

sorry to hear that but as the saying goes,
    "one door closes and another one opens."

10. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 5 years ago

Losing a job can be a death knell, but your writing will bring you through! Much success to you. - Patty