jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

pixelized or watermarked

1. dahoglund profile image83
    dahoglundposted 5 years ago

On my hub about Ned Buntline I got an email that it had been unpublished because of watermarked or pixelized pictures.

All pictures used on that hub are from wikimedia creative commons and public domain.I was of the understanding that pictures from wikimedia were OK to use on hubs. sometimes the pictures are of low resolution to make them valid to use is my understanding.

Wikimedia is the best source of pictures for historical hubs, as well as others.I am glad to conform to rules but I am not that much of an expert on graphics so some clarification would be useful.If I remove the pictures there will be complaints that I don't have any pictures.

Anyone have an answer?

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

The source of the picture has nothing to do with its quality. If it's a low-resolution photo, try using it at half or quarter width to see if the shows up better.

Historical photos usually have a low resolution and may look fuzzy, all the more reason not to try to blow them up. If there's no way around it, email team@hubpages.com and explain to them.

3. Rosie2010 profile image82
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

I would say Wikimedia Commons photos are safe.  But Irohner is right.  It could be the low resolution of the photos, so just use half or quarter sizes.  I use a lot of photos and some of my own are fuzzy so I often use half size widths.. so far so good.  (knocking on wood here lol)

4. mdlawyer profile image60
    mdlawyerposted 5 years ago

For most of the Wikimedia common photos, attribution is needed. If a small picture you post as a "full size", it will show pixelized.  Use them only as "half size" or "quarter size".