jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Why is this fun?

1. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

When I took my friends to downtown Orlando for the Lady GaGa concert, one of them wanted to go into a bar. That's fine, except,,,,

This was one of those bars that from the outside looks like you can't fit anyone else in. You know, every chair is taken, there is 2 people deep around the bar and not really even space to walk.

Yet there is always a steady stream of people pushing their way into the place. WHY!???? hmm

I mean really, I want to know. Why do people want to enter a place that is very clearly over filled?

Your not going to get a place to sit.

Your not going to be able to even order a drink for 20 minutes.

You can't hear anyone.

Your getting shoved by sweaty, drunk people that spill drinks on you or cause you to spill your drink.

You can't meet anyone as your too busy being pushed in a corner.

So what is the appeal of everyone wanting to go into overcrowded places? What pleasure do they get once they are in there???? hmm hmm

2. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Never understood that one myself, Bill. Maybe they go for the atmosphere?

1. Bill Manning profile image69
      Bill Manningposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The atmosphere? I actually get mad when I'm in a place like that. In fact that is a sure way for me to lose my cool, and I'm a very laid back guy.

Maybe if your already drunk you don't care. tongue

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Remember something though. You are a writer, an artistic type, and probably a little introverted.
        Most of the population, I have learned, like to be where other people are. They like crowds, they like the buzz.
        I don't. I hate crowds of any kind.
        My kind of atmosphere is just a few people there, friendly, relaxing, enjoyable.
        For the majority, they must like the threat of danger or something. Jam-packed with strangers. The more the merrier smile

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Couldn't say - the bar scene was never my cup of tea, mostly for the very reasons you mention.